Getting Savegame To PC

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr_han_solo
  • 11 comments
  • 1,432 views
Messages
5
Hello,
I dropped my PS2 memory card with me Gran Turismo 4 savegame on it. Well, it corrupted my files. But I have searched on the internet and found another savegame that should bring me close to where I was. But the problem is that I cannot find instructions on how to get the savegame from my computer to my memory card. Could I use my USB flash drive and copy it to my memory car through my ps2? I'm just really needing help on howto get the savegame from my desktop to playing on my ps2.
Han
 
Get an AR MAX.

Put the save game file on the USB stick, transfer it to the AR MAX memory card to
USB screen, then transfer the file to the memory card with that utility.
 
Options:

1. MaxDrive
2. XPort/Sharkport (NOT Gameshark)
 
you can do that
 
I already have a Sony USB stick, will that work? Or is there some special software on the max drive?
 
a googling might have answered that...


but anyways, here you go:
AR Max Evo
This is what they are referring to, there's a few different versions available. And yes, it does come with software - that's what makes it special.
You can use just about any USB stick with the software included here - but the evo edition gives you a useless 16mb usb stick if you don't own one.

You can grab an AR MAX at EB, probably Walmart or Radio Shack, etc etc

edit:
the native import/export format of the maxdrive software is .max
I assume that the save file you found is of this format (an overwhelming majority of them are nowadays...) - however, if it is not you will likely need some sort of file converter. Use the forum search function to find the appropriate one, if necessary.
 
Yes, if you have a .max savegame on your PC, you will need the MAX drive memorystick to copy this .max savegame to your PS2 mem.card.

You can also find GT4 savegames on the Codejunkies website. Recently I bought the 16 MB MAXdrive mem.stick at www.Play.com for only 16 Euro. :) It works great. Software for both PS2 and PC is included.
 
will it work on an unchipped 10000 jpn PS2?
 
If you have an NTSC-J data disc for the Xport/MaxDrive, yes. If not, no.
 
ahh, so it ultimately comes down to the software...?
 
Yes.

A MaxDrive is nothing more than a USB Flash Memory stick. An Xport is nothing more than a USB cable (well, sort of). The disk you put into the PS2 to tell it what to do with them is the crux.
 
Back