Getting started on Forza 6

• Thread starter Ray H
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
My two boys have been eagerly awaiting the Forza 6 game having gone made for some other the earlier editions. But when they started it up they got frustrated that they had to finish in the top 3 in some races, it seems before they can get in to the game and change cars and do the stuff they could do with Forza 5.
Can anyone tell me if they are doing something wrong? I’ve tried to help but I wouldn’t know one end of an Xbox to the other.

Also they want to race each other but don't seem to be able to. Unless this is something that you can do once you are in the game properly

My two boys have been eagerly awaiting the Forza 6 game having gone made for some other the earlier editions. But when they started it up they got frustrated that they had to finish in the top 3 in some races, it seems before they can get in to the game and change cars and do the stuff they could do with Forza 5.
Can anyone tell me if they are doing something wrong? I’ve tried to help but I wouldn’t know one end of an Xbox to the other.

Also they want to race each other but don't seem to be able to. Unless this is something that you can do once you are in the game properly

First thing you have to do in the game is finish top 3 in the Ford GT race, and then the first race of the first volume which should be at a track called Lime Rock Park, unfortunately until you've done this I don't think you can access the rest of the game.

If they're struggling with finishing in the top 3 for those races it might be worth checking what drivatar difficulty (AI difficulty) they are racing against, this can be changed in the menu just before the race and the easiest should be to the left (I think it's called new driver). If they're struggling to keep the car on track I'd recommend making sure they have assisted braking and assisted steering turned on in the assists menu.

Don't worry once they're through these two races they can quit the career and then the whole game opens up. If they want to race each other once they've done the first two races, quit the career and then go in to free play and from there if you have a second controller they can play split screen.

Good luck and hopefully they enjoy the game as much as some of us guys. Any more questions please do ask.

Back