Getting stuck in pits during online race.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever got stuck while making a pit stop?

In GTTCC we have a compulsory pit window. On many occasions when I make my stop the pit crew are merely stood there and after I pull into the pit box nothing happens. I can pause, chat and anything else but the car doesn't move and completely freezes. This only seems to happen to the host (myself) and happened to someone else when they hosted a race.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to rectify it? It's happened on numerous occasions through many seasons. Tonight we tested different scenarios such as changing settings etc and see if it's the format that causes the problems but it didn't happen again so we're unable to find a cause.

It happened to me too in the same exact conditions, but only once. Got no idea what caused it though.
Its becoming very regular, although like you say no idea what is the cause and hoping someone may have recognized a pattern as well.

@True-blue-8 This happens because you are entering the pits too fast.

If you drive in at full racing speed and allow the auto-drive to do all the braking for you your car will then get held at the end of the pit stop service as a sort of 'virtual time penalty'. If you brake and slow down to a sensible pit lane speed before the auto-pilot takes over you won't get held. Also the faster you are above the speed limit the greater the amount of time it holds you for.

Unfortunately, I have not found documented anywhere what this 'pit lane entry speed limit' is - and it may vary depending upon the track. For certain though if you drive in at around the auto-pilot speed limit you will never get held :sly:

@True-blue-8 This happens because you are entering the pits too fast.

If you drive in at full racing speed and allow the auto-drive to do all the braking for you your car will then get held at the end of the pit stop service as a sort of 'virtual time penalty'. If you brake and slow down to a sensible pit lane speed before the auto-pilot takes over you won't get held. Also the faster you are above the speed limit the greater the amount of time it holds you for.

Unfortunately, I have not found documented anywhere what this 'pit lane entry speed limit' is - and it may vary depending upon the track. For certain though if you drive in at around the auto-pilot speed limit you will never get held :sly:
Awsome thanks mate, would have thought they'd eventually let me go though :lol:

We've just finished our race for the night at Nurb GP/F and it didn't happen once :D it's a very tight pit entrance so makes sense :cheers:

Awsome thanks mate, would have thought they'd eventually let me go though :lol:

We've just finished our race for the night at Nurb GP/F and it didn't happen once :D it's a very tight pit entrance so makes sense :cheers:

It should always let you go eventually but I have seen people being held for over 30 seconds. You must be entering whilst at full throttle still to get that kind of punishment though:lol:

It should always let you go eventually but I have seen people being held for over 30 seconds. You must be entering whilst at full throttle still to get that kind of punishment though:lol:
no it holds me for the rest of the race (10/15mins) :lol:

been loads of tracks though as well. Strange. :indiff:

This happen to a lot of ppl on the race and i always slow down before pit entry so that's not the problem.Just few players can continue the race and that only happen in one race, after lobby remake everything was fine.
Is a strange bug that never happen to me again :/

Back