Getting there, from scratch

  • Thread starter Thread starter IceColdLycan
  • 5 comments
  • 744 views
Messages
7
Messages
F33db4ck93
Messages
IceColdLycan
I've just started playing GT5 a few days ago, and as crazy as I usually am, I wanted to get as far as I could without buying a car or tune/modify any cars in my garage. I went as far as to level 17, then I was facing several races (which often required a car 69' or earlier) that I couldn't complete with my current cars or just didn't had a car to race with.

I got mad and bought a Lamborghini Murcielago SV, the be(a)st car I ever bought. Upon completing the Lamborghini Exclusive with it and getting the Countach (also a very good car) I could move on and conquer about 6 more events, getting me a good start. With the last race that I could complete, the Polyphony Digital Cup, I tried the All Star event with the SV (now modded of course) and wanted to test it on the Trial Mountain.

I ended up 2:nd, 7 seconds behind a BMW V12 Race Car and therefore decided to put up the race until I had got a better car.

With that said, I was stuck again, complaining about not getting any good prizecars. After getting all gold on 3 licences and about 8-9 in the others I quit :indiff:

Any idea what to do next? Any tip would be appriciated

Oh, I've got A-spec lvl 19 and B-spec lvl 4
(And I'm really not a B-spec guy, but may race there for good prizecars)
 
It seems you've come a cropper same as everybody else, Polyphony Digital really buggered up the prize system, If I remember correctly on every other Gran turismo version your prize car was the car capable of entering the next race / championship thus allowing us to get through the game without actually buying a car.
 
I've had to resort to B-Spec.
 
I've had to resort to B-Spec.

Same Boat! I have resorted to playing B-Spec. After a hard days work (12hrs) and a few cold one's B-Spec isn't really that bad after all. :cheers:
 
try the b-spec mazda roadster event. you win a furai there and with that car you can compete until the extreme series. do the like the wind challange with that one and win the minolta. this car is a beast and can compete with almost everything.
 
try the b-spec mazda roadster event. you win a furai there and with that car you can compete until the extreme series. do the like the wind challange with that one and win the minolta. this car is a beast and can compete with almost everything.

Yeah, so I've heard, and i know because I have it on GT4 and it is an awesome car, but the problem is that the only car that I can drive on Roadster is that "yellow thing" which is worse in almost every aspect compared to the other cars in the event. And though max it with some credits, my B-spec driver is only lvl 6 (now 2h later), it would take a miracle to pass all cars... :P
 
Back