Ghost Recon Breakpoint

• Thread starter Petroperu
  • 13 comments

Petroperu

(Banned)
Peru
Peru
tom-clancys-ghost-recon-breakpoint-hero-banner-01-ps4-us-03may19

Can be played Coop or versus like the newly introduced Ghost War mode added to Ghost Recon Wildlands.

There is also a new beta out for download, and I have to say, I am kinda amused by the tuned graphics, even though it's still the same game.

There are new "survival" mechanics that impact aiming and movement, but overall it's the same game.

I don't like the fact that they got rid of AI teammates this time, so it's highly advised to play the game as coop.

My spine is as strong as a snail, so I splashed out on 15 EUR for a month of UPlay+ to try this. :lol: Currently exploring the island and having quite a bit of fun (though still learning). The leveling appears to mainly impact the stopping power of your weapons/armor, and I think it's still possible to take out high level enemies with a single headshot, but need to play a bit more to see how it really works. That said, this still feels more like Assassins Creed Origins/Odyssee, but with guns (which is not a bad thing by itself, just not Ghost Recon, or Wildlands).

Well... I'm underwhelmed. Taking away your AI team-mates was a stupid decision, it kills a lot of tactical options. Controlling an AI squad has been part of the Ghost Recon series since forever, pretty much. Tried a multiplayer team, as you might expect I was grouped with two long-range snipers and Leroy Jenkins.

The levelling makes no sense, what difference does my average kit level make against my XP level? No idea. Why doesn't the skin override button work? No idea, but I can still change kit colours about 15 levels into one of the insane menus.

Enemies are either insanely stupid and underpowered or Darth Vader.

The flying, oh my god the flying. It's awful. It was never great in Wildlands but it was a lot better than this.

The world looks good but I'm not feeling the depth or variety of Wildlands (I keep comparing it but that's inevitable) but the janky physics means that you can still climb 10 metre rock faces in a single bound while not being able to get across small stones.

I mentioned the menus already, it's mad. Soooo many menus full of information that I might or might not need. I just can't tell. Trying to track a mission is nausea-inducing.

The worst thing is that I'm still slightly addicted to it but I'm wondering if I'm going to fall off the annoyance curve soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the crappy Center Parks world that serves as a lobby, irritating to get into and out of and just plain annoying. And so many of the NPCs there give you a mission that you set off for only to find that the first mission checkpoint was to talk to them. About the mission they just gave you. Give me strength.

It's buggy and glitchy and has some design choices I'm not a big fan of. I'm missing the squad mates from Wildlands in particular - I only play solo, and the very limited amount of sync shot drones make the gameplay feel quite different. The new animation system is hit and miss - I like the way you can fall and slide when moving downhill and how it can leads to exhaustion, but at other times he moves very awkwardly and has trouble moving in terrain that seems like it should be easy enough. And the sticky cover system is definitely not working predictably.

But despite the flaws I'm nevertheless enjoying the game a lot, including the game world which I feared would fall significantly short of the massive and varied play ground of Wildlands. It's smaller, but roughly 400 square kilometers so hardly small, but I like the variety well enough and it has more interesting use of verticality.

the very limited amount of sync shot drones make the gameplay feel quite different

Mine have stopped working, I've read it's a bug. Like the binoculars, if I try to equip them I get stuck in Binocular Mode with no binoculars visibly equipped and can't use weapons or gadgets unless I return to the bivvy. I still quite like the game but stealthing a heavily-fortified base is nigh on impossible for me right now.

Mine have stopped working, I've read it's a bug. Like the binoculars, if I try to equip them I get stuck in Binocular Mode with no binoculars visibly equipped and can't use weapons or gadgets unless I return to the bivvy. I still quite like the game but stealthing a heavily-fortified base is nigh on impossible for me right now.

I had the binoculars bug last night. Thankfully no problem with the drones yet. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the first patch.

The game seems to be on sale on Amazon and Gamestop only. Right now you can pick it up at $20, and I think that's a steal so I'm going to be picking it up.

Weirdly enough its the physical copy only. The digital is still sitting at $59.99

Amazon link

Gamestop link

What the hell is up with all the coughing in the homebase. It's incredibly annoying!
*COVID-19 likes this*

In all seriousness: the new update is pretty good. No more coughs in home base (assuming they're all cured and not dead :P), and the new Regular/Immersive modes (essentially just presets for the new settings menu) are great. Game had a free weekend just now and it was (still is?) on discount. Currently playing the Terminator and Sam Fisher events with my son. 👍

Latest Posts

Back