Ghosts lines

• Thread starter Le_Manuz
  • 13 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Le_Manuz
Mr Kazunori Yamauchi,
thanks for taking some of your time to answer the Gran Turismo fanbase questions

About the Ghost lines from friends in offline mode and GT Academy or online racers when qualifying
Is there any chance that we can switch them off in online mode
and maybe choose the ones we wants in offline mode (maybe also choose from ladderboard by downloading the replay ? )

It's really difficult to see the track with those lines and the driver name above
it will be a nice feature to modify the offline current setting
All > selected ones > only my ghost > off
and online
All > Off

That is a great idea Le_Manuz.

l do like having the lines but an option to choose just a ghost and no other lines, or choosing what friends line, or lines show on the track. Would be the best of both worlds.

This need some more votes.

Either press the up button on the D-pad, or use the "Quick options" menu to select whether or not/what ghost you want.

However, I understand the desire. They improved it greatly by having the names to the side instead of blocking your view, but putting them further off or removing the name could be an interesting option.

Also, I do like the idea of being able to pick the line to follow. One line at a time would be quite neat! :)

ANSWERED in 1.08... I think it's not realistic/stupid/pointless having ghosts online, but it would be a great idea being able to turn off some of your friends' ghost in seasonals.

This question needs a thousand likes. The lines are very annoying when one has a friends list of nearly 100 people that all play gt6.

The ability to choose "all lines", top ten or leader only (as well as "off") would be a HUGE help.

Support this question!

These lines from our friend-list just need to be select-able, much in the same manor as we have in the gallery when we are selecting multiple files for deletion, we need check boxes by each name on our lists so that we are able to choose which [if any] friends lines we wish to have in view whilst we are participating in an event, and if we leave all boxes unchecked then we only have our own ghost in view.

I really hope this could be a simple implementation for PD to provide. 👍

From an old thread in the seasonal section.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-do-i-remove-my-friends-lap-ghost-line-and-name.306626/

So if it's been raised on the forum before then we can't ask Kaz?

If that's the case then surely the most liked questions (sound, course creator et al) are also pointless?

:confused: WAT?

I posted that to show that it has been something people have wanted to happen for a while now [including me] and I am just trying to help this cause get some more attention.

IT REALLY DOES NEED TO HAPPEN.

:confused: WAT?

I posted that to show that it has been something people have wanted to happen for a while now [including me] and I am just trying to help this cause get some more attention.

IT REALLY DOES NEED TO HAPPEN.

Oh dear haha, I must apologise as I was up very late and very drunk after watching Argentina (nearly) do their best to lose and I was not paying attention.

Humble apologies sir, I try not to forum when drunk but the odd slip up does, inevitably, occur .

Again, you have my apologies.

Last edited:
I can see how you misinterpreted it Heathenpride. Sometimes text based communication isn't as clear as verbal communication. :D

@Tidgney uploaded a hint onto Youtube on how to use a leader ghost but remove the friend lines. Cheers Tidgney! :cheers: It is a bit of a faff though - I'm sure PD could make it easier.
can you link to the video or explain in more detail? I'm looking at his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tidgney but can't find it

Back