Gift Car algorythm=Depends on What credit you have?

• Thread starter Odyofil
  • 11 comments
Turkey
Turkey
odyofil
Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I got 194.021 credits for 3 days i just time trialed in this time, gained 0 cash. never sold anything or bought anything.

1. day, nissan gtr rally car
2. day, nissan gtr rally car
3. day, ford mustang rally car

is this something supposed with credit level? i can remember, if credits in 0-20k level, gift car always gives something crappy.
need confirm or deny. thanks.

I have about 6 million credits right now and those are the gift cars I received in the last 10 days:
  • Renault Clio RS
  • VW Beetle Gr. 3
  • Honda NSX Gr. B
  • BMW M4 Gr. 4
  • Nissan GT-R Gr. B
  • Subaru Viziv GT
  • Ford Focus ST
  • Mazda Atenza
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS
At the beginning (less than 500k credits), I remember winning the Diablo GT, the Ferrari Enzo and Renault R.S. 01 GT3. All in all, I think it's completely random.

I was under the impression that well-timed button inputs would net you certain cars, but my success rate has been small enough that it might just be coincidence.

This has happened to me a couple of times.

I have gotten my gift car, the game somehow crashes, when I come back, it does the whole "random" thing, except I get the same car. It didn't save the data telling the game I had already received my car, but it somehow already knew which car I was to receive.

I don't know if any of that makes sense to anyone. I have no better way of explaining it. But has this ever happened to anyone?

But has this ever happened to anyone?
I suspect that it is very similar to GT5's used car dealers.

That had a preset list of 2.147 billion sets of six cars, which progressed to the next set each game day. However, where you started (and where you were) on that list was specific to your console. Whenever you started a game on your console, you would start at exactly the same point and the used car list would progress in exactly the same way - although if you moved the game save to a different console your list would appear different.

There's evidence that GT Sport's prize cars are similarly predetermined. The situation you mention where you get the same gift car twice if you crash to XMB before the game saves is one. The fact that if you delete your save data and start again you'll receive exactly the same prize cars as you run through career mode is another.

This has happened to me a couple of times.

I have gotten my gift car, the game somehow crashes, when I come back, it does the whole "random" thing, except I get the same car. It didn't save the data telling the game I had already received my car, but it somehow already knew which car I was to receive.

I don't know if any of that makes sense to anyone. I have no better way of explaining it. But has this ever happened to anyone?
Maybe the outcome is decided by the game when the daily workout bar is filled. The game definitely "saved" that if the roulette took place as soon as you loaded the game again.

Just get a huge points lead and save the championship, then just reload and skip the last race until you get the car you want. Wait a minute... :lol:

Here's the last 10 cars I've won and I've been on 18 mil:
1. RC-F
2. Atenza Sedan XD L Package
3. 4c Gr. 4
4. Aston Martin DP100 VGT
5. 911 RSR
6. Mini Clubman VGT
7. 650S Coupe
8. RCZ GT Line
9. Enzo Ferrari
10. FT-1 VGT

I'm not sure if I've really noticed a trend, because I've won 2 Ferrari 330 P4s since having 17-19 mil in the last 2 months and the cars have been pretty well mixed. There was a time where I got a ton of Tomahawks, but I think everyone did. However, I haven't won the Jaguar. Maybe the higher the amount of money you have the more choices in cars you have to win vs low money, less cars?

Maybe the higher the amount of money you have the more choices in cars you have to win vs low money, less cars?

12 million in the bank and I've had a Civic and Clio for my last 2 daily workouts. Perhaps I need more credits?:D

As long as it's not another LM55 Gr1. I've had to delete so many of those it's not funny any more.

The problem is that it is impossible for computers to generate truly random numbers. There has to be a formula/program/instructions/algorithm that it uses to generate a number.
Obviously it is possible to include a lot of variables to make it appear more random, but eventually it would be possible to work out the formula if you could be bothered.

The very first car I won in the beta was the Enzo, and then I had very few $ in the bank. For the past month or two I’ve been close to 20m and not won a single big money car. Based on that, some might argue that it is dependent on your balance, but others have found the opposite

Back