Gifting a Car 1 per day limit question

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlueSky
  • 8 comments
  • 1,946 views
Messages
263
Hey,

I hope someone here can help me straighten this out. I understand there is a (1) car gift per day but is that the calendar day or is it 24 hours? The reason I ask is because last night I gifted a friend a car at about 9:00 PM (just to use for a race, then he's sending it back). This morning I tried gifting my son a car about 7:00 AM and I am still getting the error message that I am over the limit on gifts. It's a new calendar day but I'm still getting the error.

Why the heck would they put a (1) car gift limit per day in this game? Don't they think you might have more than 1 friend you might want to gift to in a day??? Seems a bit OVER CONTROLLING of PD. What if you just want to share a couple of cars back and forth for a race or two? Some folks that are just starting out, like my son, don't have a whole lot of money to buy specific cars for specific races. This is really an inconvenience and annoying. What a bunch of control freaks! :grumpy:
 
I've been able to gift in less than 24 hours. I always thought it was just as long as it went past midnight because i've done it in a 5 hour time frame (gifting at like 8 or so and then gifting again at around 12) before. I too would like some more information on this.
 
Everyone seems to be getting different results. I have also gifted within 12 hours time so it's not 24 hours.

I'm GUESSING the servers have a reset time and until we figure out what time that is everyone will still be speculating what is really going on. IF it's a server reset then my guess it's between 7pm Central Time and 7am Central Time. Those are the times I sent two cars and didn't get the "can't send" message.

With the OP saying 7am I'm starting to wonder if it isn't EXACTLY 7am (Central Time) since that's near the time I had success.
 
I just came here to ask this myself.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the date actually shown in your game.

So if I send one today at say 8pm, will I then be able to send another 5 hours later when the date in my game has gone from 22 to 23.
 
Do both players have to be online at the same time to gift cars? I tried this and my friend didnt come up on the list when I clicked the 'gift car' button.
 
Yeah! damnit! so long trade only one car! :yuck:
 
As far as i know, it used to be just until past midnight. but in the new update (1.05) they changed it to 24hrs.
 
I have made two trades since the patch, and it has caused a hassle. For myself, I now have to wait right around 20 hours in between sending cars. I can't speak for others, but this is now consistent for me.
 
Thanks everyone for your replies. Well I've got about another hour to wait then to be able to gift my son his car. This kind of stinks! I just don't understand why they would be so controlling. I paid good money for this game and would like to use it the way I find most convenient. One car per 24 hours is not reasonable in my opinion. Hopefully they'll lighten up and maybe fix this with an update.

Thanks again all of you for your responses.
 
Back