Gifting Bug

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fire Yoshi
  • 19 comments
  • 1,100 views
Messages
356
United States
Pennsylvania
Messages
Umber1911
Messages
Fire Yoshi
Hi there!

I seem to be having a problem with the gifting option. A friend of mine sent me a Yellowbird by accident, and now it won't disappear from the 'Community' tab. I've tried adding the car to my items list, but it doesn't do anything...it just pauses for a moment, makes everything blink, then proceeds back to normal gameplay.
How do I get this to go away? This red star has been annoying me for nearly a week now. :yuck:
 
That normally happens to me when I take the item out of the inbox and reload a save.

It takes a new item to arrive into the inbox and for you to take the item before it clears.

If you have a dummy account, you can send a paint chip or museum card to the account in question and it should clear it. Just dont reload a save or you will be back to this problem I believe.
 
I have received items from people after this happened, it still never went away. :(
Will clearing the cache do anything?
 
Ohhh...yeah that I never had happen to me before.
If you have not done so in a while, might want to clean the cache...not sure if it will work on not? I clean it out almost daily.
 
That won't delete any precious data will it? What does "Clearing the cache" do anyway?
 
That won't delete any precious data will it? What does "Clearing the cache" do anyway?


Nope it will not delete anything, it pretty much helps with lagging with your in rooms.
 
Nope it will not delete anything, it pretty much helps with lagging with your in rooms.
Well that certainly is a good bit of information.👍 Thanks!
 
Well that certainly is a good bit of information.👍 Thanks!


It also making the load time alittle faster. I would clean it once a day if i was you just so you dont have problem in room. I clean mine twice a day just to be safe. It takes three seconds to do.
 
I seem to be having this "gifting bug" problem as well since I have prizes from GT Academy 2012 I haven't reddemed yet (was busy and forgot about them til now). I have until the 25th to get them. I sent a gift to myself like a paint chip from another account that I have but it didn't work. I cleared the cache just now but that didn't work either. Is there anything I can do to get my prizes?

Thanks for reading about my problem,
Koushiro
 
Yeah clearing the cache didn't work for me either, Koushiro. Does anybody else know what to do?
 
Yeah clearing the cache didn't work for me either, Koushiro. Does anybody else know what to do?

Just stating the obvious, here, Yoshi....you have gone through and exercized (used, hit, mashed, activated) EVERY thing you can in community? I do believe ANYthing new there will keep that lit up if you don't acknowledge it....just asking....always the last place you look, right?
 
Just stating the obvious, here, Yoshi....you have gone through and exercized (used, hit, mashed, activated) EVERY thing you can in community? I do believe ANYthing new there will keep that lit up if you don't acknowledge it....just asking....always the last place you look, right?
The red star will not go away. The Yellow Bird he sent me cannot be received since he removed it before I could accept it, so it continues to remain in my list of received gifts.
As stated before, I have gotten other things from him (as well as others) after this had happened, and the it still won't leave.
 
The red star will not go away. The Yellow Bird he sent me cannot be received since he removed it before I could accept it, so it continues to remain in my list of received gifts.
As stated before, I have gotten other things from him (as well as others) after this had happened, and the it still won't leave.

Never happened before but have you tried clearing your cache? It doesn't delete anything it even makes your loading a bit faster, I believe.
 
The red star will not go away. The Yellow Bird he sent me cannot be received since he removed it before I could accept it, so it continues to remain in my list of received gifts.
As stated before, I have gotten other things from him (as well as others) after this had happened, and the it still won't leave.


ewwwwwww, triple sucks.....ever get your Yellowbird?
 
ewwwwwww, triple sucks.....ever get your Yellowbird?

Read my original post. He sent me the Yellow Bird by accident, I wanted a different car. He did give me the car I wanted later on, but this thing still haunts my gift inbox...
It won't even let me delete it from the list. =/ It just gives me an error when I try.
 
Read my original post. He sent me the Yellow Bird by accident, I wanted a different car. He did give me the car I wanted later on, but this thing still haunts my gift inbox...
It won't even let me delete it from the list. =/ It just gives me an error when I try.

Sorry, I had read that, but forgot the "by accident" part
 
I have a friend with the same issue. I sent him a car on 12/25/12 and he didn't play again until after the first of the year. He has tried the "Receive All button" and everything else suggested here and it just stays there.

We share the same PS3. We actually have 4 diffrent accounts on the same PS3. It is not a problem with the other 3 accounts though they are used more frequently. I think I will try and send another car and see if it clears the older one. That's the only thing that I think hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

So it seems there is more of us that have the same problem. Hopefully someone will find a solution. I have several days of trades before I can send him another car. If it works I will post it.
 
I think I will try and send another car and see if it clears the older one. That's the only thing that I think hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

It's been mentioned lots in other threads, if not this one....apparently it doesn't have to a car, either....most I've seen post that solution send a paint, or museum card, something easy and usually not awaiting a reset "slot"
 
I think I will try and send another car and see if it clears the older one. That's the only thing that I think hasn't been mentioned in this thread.
It has been mentioned in this thread, actually.
Like I said, my friend has given me other things (including a car) after this has happened, and still to no prevail. =/
 
Out of curiosity, is this gifting bug only for western releases of GT5? The reason why I ask is because that I've been trying to redeem my GT ACADEMY 2012 cars on my North American version (R1) of GT5 since last month however I was able to redeem all the cars I earned on my JPN account just last month (I also own a Japanese market/R2 version of GT5).
 
Back