Ginetta G4, need some help tweaking.

• Thread starter K1
  • 6 comments

K1

I love this car. It's very fun to drive, but I've found that the car either understeers horribly, or oversteers constantly. I know it's tough to make a 400 kg car perfectly balanced, but does anyone havwe any tips? A good setup you could share? I will probably run the car on max tuning, haven't decided on NA or Turbo (probably NA since this car's so light and squirrely).

I'm at work right now, but when I get home, I'll post my current slightly oversteering settings.

I plan on using this car for the 1000 miles championship, so the settings need to be suitable for city courses and Nurburgring.

K1
I love this car. It's very fun to drive, but I've found that the car either understeers horribly, or oversteers constantly. I know it's tough to make a 400 kg car perfectly balanced, but does anyone havwe any tips? A good setup you could share? I will probably run the car on max tuning, haven't decided on NA or Turbo (probably NA since this car's so light and squirrely).

I'm at work right now, but when I get home, I'll post my current slightly oversteering settings.

I plan on using this car for the 1000 miles championship, so the settings need to be suitable for city courses and Nurburgring.

I too am looking to get this car tuned. I really like the car, but it can be almost undriveable at times (At least I do better than my B-Spec driver :P ). Currently, I am using a turbo with the car because the low end power is sufficient enough.

I am looking forward to seeing your current set-up.

I'll make a point to post my current settings tonight. I am using a decent amount of camber, about 2 deg front, 1.5 deg rear. That added some oversteer, but i think that to really balance this car, you may need to tweak the weight balance, brakes, and more.

I fully tuned my Ginetta, and did some tuning for the Nurburgring 25 lap race. I came up with some great settings I'll post up tonight, I am really happy with the way this car drives now. Controllable oversteer, almost no understeer, brakes stop the car quickly. The only downside is inherent in the fact that this car weighs ~420 kg, it gets thrown around on Nurburgring. Certains areas with braking and hills are tricky to take when your pushing it hard.

In the end, my best lap was a 8'06".2x, not bad for a 420 kg 220 hp (hardtop) roadster with sports soft tires on.

K1
I fully tuned my Ginetta, and did some tuning for the Nurburgring 25 lap race. I came up with some great settings I'll post up tonight, I am really happy with the way this car drives now. Controllable oversteer, almost no understeer, brakes stop the car quickly. The only downside is inherent in the fact that this car weighs ~420 kg, it gets thrown around on Nurburgring. Certains areas with braking and hills are tricky to take when your pushing it hard.

In the end, my best lap was a 8'06".2x, not bad for a 420 kg 220 hp (hardtop) roadster with sports soft tires on.

Great! I'll be looking forward to trying out your settings.

:P i did that race in a G4... my ai kept getting stuck, and he fell behind so.. now im running that series in a chevelle 69' and its owning the other guys badly lol

dad used to own ..well race... a G4 so he knows a good bit about these cars, once i get done with the race series i'll check it out and help with the settings.
btw, on my first G4 (yellow.. lol had to win another one since my dads was blue :P) i just put a stage 2 turbo in it and it gave enough power, but since my dads car ran on a ford pushrod i think i'll go for the NA tune (when i can [after the enduro races]) just to make it more like my dads.. still ugly back though lol but his had no top.. owell

anyways back on topic, make sure your antiroll is at like 6 or 7 that will always help, stiffening up a good bit.... speaking of oversteer, im sure you will always get it with the G4 since it is so light.. owell i'll do some testing when i can ;)

Ginetta G4
Nurburgring settings: Best lap 8:06.2
Full tune - Turbo - 225hp

Brakes
Front: 17
Rear: 18

Suspension: L R
Spring Rate: 7 7
Ride Height: 104 104
Shock Bound: 8 8
Shock Rebound: 8 8
Camber: 1 .5