Girlfriend destroyed steering wheel

• Thread starter Dale Evv
  • 9 comments
England
England
So a few months ago me and the Mrs had a disagreement, and she proceeded to launch my steering wheel at the wall. Suffice to say i was not happy, to say the least.
Anyone else got any stories of computers or rigs being broken during the heat of the battle?

It wasn't a race game, but I have played Dark Souls for a very first time. Was on a fight to Grave Lord Nitto and finished him at exact moment he finished me. Game registered a win, the only problem was to walk a tight spot with mobs to get my souls back. At the end of this spot a skeleton managed to push me of a cliff with an epic "this is Sparta" move, and I thrown a pad on a table, it has jumped off into TV screen. At least I have new TV now. That was the only moment in my life so far.

No, nip that 🤬 in the bud before it blooms and you have to deal with a monster every time she gets mad.

For myself, not broke anything yet. Video games are a form of entertainment/fun. If it stops being that I take a break.

Last edited:
Once my wife was sweeping up in our dining room & she was unhappy about something I had done, (can't remember what now, long time ago, probably too much gaming), we started arguing then suddenly out of the blue she started hitting my CRT monitor with the broom handle, suffice to say I never moved so fast in my life. She managed to crack the casing but to this day it still works. My daughter was young at the time, after witnessing what the nutter did she wandered off & found a plaster for it, we stuck it on together. It's still there & every once & awhile she remembers, it's become a bit of a family joke, in front of my wife I always tell her to never damage priceless treasures that don't belong to you & to never ever act or become like her evil mother... :)

My wife doesn't dare to break any of my stuff, as she knows she gotta pay for a new one :D

I, on the other hand, do tend to get a little bit aggressive towards my gear when it doesn't work like it should. Like for instance my T80 wheel which constantly pulled to the left without me giving input. Few weeks back, i had a very good race and near the end the wheel suddenly jerked to the left (ingame) causing me to crash. I lost it and broke the wheel in half. Although i think i'll hit a pillow or something, when it happens to my new steeringwheel again :P

If i said this to my wife, my post count on this forum would stop at where it is now..

I can only get away with it in relation to this incident, I think she still secretly feels guilty. She's never broken anything else of mine.

Latest Posts

Back