Gixxer 1000 Road vs. RM

• Thread starter dreison
  • 15 comments
Ok so i recently unlocked the RM version of the GSX-R1000 K5 but it has a higher power to weight ratio than the road bike! I suppose slicks are gonna make it faster around the track.

So was this a mistake or intended????

please comment!

dreison
Ok so i recently unlocked the RM version of the GSX-R1000 K5 but it has a lower power to weight ratio than the road bike! I suppose slicks are gonna make it faster around the track.

please comment!

I also noticed this, I think it's because the weights are nearly the same for the litre bikes and their RM versions, but the "sports" exhaust pushes the road versions over the top in terms of power to weight or weight to power, whichever measure you prefer.

In any event, you'll need to compare the power curve rather than top-end to see which is more usable, and the ability to fully adjust transmission and suspension as well as racing tires ought to make the RM version faster on most circuits.

dreison

Yeah, it’s an interesting point that I believe boils down to politics. As Polyphony can concoct the specs of their choosing for RM bikes, it seems that the aim was to allow the larger manufactures (Honda and Yamaha) to have their bikes at the top of the food chain. Both the road going ZX-10 and the Gix 1000 under perform despite their impressive real world spec. It’s been a while, but from memory, the ZX-10R RM was well off the pace of the others...
It would be interesting to see some figures that compare the percentages of weight lost and power gained for each of the significant racing modified machines. Perhaps something to tackle when I find some time.

edit: oh, and welcome to GTP, dreison.

Apart from the CBR1000RR, i preffer all the RM bikes for handling and acceleration, but you just cant beat the 1000RR for my style of riding.

Curiously even the standard litre bikes go over 200mph/325km/h ... thats over 30km/h more than in real life.
Personally as a GSXR owner I wouldn´t have minded if Yamaha and Honda had been made better in game, if just the basics had been even a bit closer to reality.
WSB bikes would go to that 330-340km/h with their +40hp sans mirrors, etc, am I correct? The game uses this RacingModified for licensing issues when it refers to Superbike/Supersport -level bikes?

S^Peter - according to the bike descriptions ingame, 600cc/litre bikes are upgraded to supersport rules execpt for the ducati which is supposedly in wsb specs. which should make the 999r rm the fastest bike since the other sports bike are ss spec and the 8Hour bikes are japan supbike spec. and, once again, according to the game, is a step below wsb.

[empty space]
S^Peter - according to the bike descriptions ingame, 600cc/litre bikes are upgraded to supersport rules execpt for the ducati which is supposedly in wsb specs. which should make the 999r rm the fastest bike since the other sports bike are ss spec and the 8Hour bikes are japan supbike spec. and, once again, according to the game, is a step below wsb.

Almost.

Classes with bikes in the game: (Overall),[Class]
XX-F Div.1 - Best finisher: 4th overall - TRICK-STAR Kawi (42)[9]
XX-F Div.2 - Best finisher: 37th overall
JSB - Best finisher: 3rd overall - YSP & PRESTO Racing YZF-R1 (12)[5], Moriwaki MOTUL CBR (15)[7]
SPP - Best finisher: 16th overall
SST - Best finisher: 43rd overall
SBK - Best finisher: 1st overall - 7 Stars Honda (1)[1], Jomo Suzuki GSX-R (10)[5]

In reality the 7 Stars Honda should be head and shoulders above the rest if you put them on track bar the 999RM.

The 7 Stars Honda team ran full HRC factory spec bikes at Suzuka, identical to the HM Plant Hondas ridden in British Superbike by Ryuichi Kiyonari and Karl Harris.

Honda don't give full factory backing to WSB teams Ten Kate and Klaffi Honda because Honda HRC bikes run exclusively on Michelin tires and withdrew full factory support when the Pirelli Control tyre was introduced.

It's all a touch confusing and rather political.

If you follow real world events then you will know that the Duke 999 are dominating both WSBK and BSB with Troy Bayliss and Gregorio Lavilla respectively. They do have DEMON Ferrari developed MotoGP spec traction control though, whereas the WSBK Hondas of Toseland, Barros and Muggeridge currently have zero traction control, whereas the factory Airwaves Ducati's in BSB eat the HRC works bikes of HM Plant for dead. Watch Bayliss exciting chicanes giving it full twists of gas. Every biker on here will know that you tap on full throttle from nothing at full lean on a race bike and your taking a flying leap at the scenery.

On an unrelated note, according bike press that I follow the road going GSXR1000 and R1s should leave every other road bike in this game for dead. But they don't...

So politics, naturally :sly:

OuUt of interest, why does the road Yamaha R1 have a first gear for about 90/100 mph as standard, yet the RM is geared to around 50 mph, race bikes usually have v tall first gears....

IRL Litre bikes can only just crack 300 at most I thought? Isn't there a 187mph limiter on all bikes from 04 onward? Just food for thought.

Yes most of the Japanese bikes are limited due to a gentlemans agreement...

Perhaps PD chose to do away with that nonsense. After all, it ain't difficult to de-restrict most of them.

Curiously even the standard litre bikes go over 200mph/325km/h ... thats over 30km/h more than in real life

Is the speed shown in TT from the bikes speedo display?

Most bikes especially modern Honda's have speedo's that over exaggerate speed by as much as +10%. I maxed out my old 1100XX on a number of occasions in France and the speedo was showing about 194mph - in reality this is 'only' 174.6 mph, as confirmed by my GPS.

Power figures are generally bull**** as well - the same Blackbird as above - Honda quote 164bhp. I put it on the dyno after it's first major service (dyno simulated ram-air effect) and got 136.4bhp. Added a power commander and a pair of slip-on BlueFlame cans and got 142.9bhp. Bikes lose a hell of a lot of power through the drivetrain, and manufacturers always quote figures at the crank.

Yep - I meant is the indicated speed "true" speed or what the speedo would be displaying - if it's the latter and the game's accurate then expect an over exaggeration of up to +10%

Back