GLITCH PSA: Warm up and double check your tires before races (ESPECIALLY RANKED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter PsuPepperoni
  • 22 comments
  • 5,559 views

PsuPepperoni

Muscle Car Drifter
Premium
Messages
2,179
United States
Kansas City
Messages
PsuPepperoni
I have had situations in both Sport Mode and Online Lobbies in which my tires were changed involuntarily to harder compounds.

I lost a good bit of driver rating in a Sport N300 race today because the game switched my tires and added over four seconds to my lap times.


You don't have to watch this eight minute video but you can check the reddit comments for more info.
 
this is 100% what has been happening to me, but they tyre choice is locked in so how can it change?
 
I figured this out a couple days ago racing in lobbies. If you're using a custom tune you need to be on the track or sitting in the pitlane when the host starts the final race. If you're spectating when they start the final, your car will use the stock setup even if you have your own selected.
 
I have had situations in both Sport Mode and Online Lobbies in which my tires were changed involuntarily to harder compounds.

I lost a good bit of driver rating in a Sport N300 race today because the game switched my tires and added over four seconds to my lap times.


You don't have to watch this eight minute video but you can check the reddit comments for more info.


Sry might be a dumb question but ... which races in sport mode allow changing tires ?
 
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

I was completely baffled two nights ago, ran 2 races and was fine, and the other 2 I dropped through the field like a stone. Last night I didn't even bother as I didn't want my driver rating to suffer. Glad to know it wasn't me, and why it happened.
 
Sry might be a dumb question but ... which races in sport mode allow changing tires ?
None of them allow you to change tires but the glitch can put you on sport tires when the requirement is racing tires
 
Thank you for this. One time in the Kyoto Lancer Daily, I noticed I could only make the first turn in the low 80mphs. I thought I was going crazy.
 
Last edited:
Well then, if I am crazy, it's nice to have company.
So happy to hear I'm not alone.
-Kaffeine
 
OMFG! Maybe I'm not stoopid slow afterall!
Just did the Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi with N300 Lancer, which the race settings for tires are fixed to Race: Hard, but during the race, it clearly showed SH for my tires... no wonder I could barely lap within 5 seconds of my qualifying time! I saved the video just in case proof is required.
(edit: funniest thing too... match-making seemed to be done by color as half the field had blue cars)
Which brings up the question: How do we report bugs properly?
 
I had this earlier with the Lancer N300 race. I qualified with a 45.5ish and didn't practice (something I never did before) and when the race began I had no grip. Went backwards through the field and my best race lap was a 49.2!
 
Tire bug is still happening.
Race A, N200, Blue Moon Bay Speedway II
Did not warm-up and was given Street: Hard (SH) instead of Street: Soft (SS) as can be seen in this screenshot taken just before the start:
GranTurismoSPORT_20171026174927.jpg

The hards are about 2 seconds per lap slower than the softs.
 
Is it enough to enter Warm-Up and sit in the pit-lane (ie: never drive out) to avoid this?
 
Is it enough to enter Warm-Up and sit in the pit-lane (ie: never drive out) to avoid this?
No, I don't think so -- first time it happened, that's what I did (sat it pitlane). Earlier today, I didn't even enter the warm-up.
 
Thought I was going bonkers!!! Thanks for confirming it's not just me! FIX THIS ASAP PD!!!!!!
 
No, I don't think so -- first time it happened, that's what I did (sat it pitlane). Earlier today, I didn't even enter the warm-up.
Correction, you can just sit in the pitlane without driving out. But must enter the warm-up or will get the wrong (slower) tires.
 
One thing about Project Cars 2 and F1 2017: There are company OFFICIALS that monitor forums and participate -- giving feedback, acknowledging bugs, and updating on upcoming patches. Even the CEO of Slightly Mad Studios, Ian Bell, is/was active on the PC2 forums.

Can you imagine if the Daily Race tire bug gave FASTER tires instead of SLOWER ones?
It's rather obvious when racing that some people got the wrong tires... those drivers with decent qualifying times but that fall to the back of the pack are easy to identify.

This post gives no new information, but hopefully will get seen by players who aren't aware of the bug and will learn the work-around so not to get penalized unfairly.
Maybe this thread, or a shortened version simply explaining the tire bug, should be pinned until the bug is fixed?
 
Does 'warming up the tyres' in warm up actually work? Or is this just what you need to do to avoid the glitch?
 
None of them allow you to change tires but the glitch can put you on sport tires when the requirement is racing tires
That's crazy, I hope they fix it quick
 
Curious if it's just the tires or if it's HP and weight adjustments get removed as well.
 
Never realized we can change tyres this way, gonna check this!
 
Back