Glitch with weight reduction?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MirageJHU
  • 12 comments
  • 1,616 views
Messages
8
I purchased the stage 1 weight reduction and accidentally hit circle one step too early (on the "do you want to install now scree" instead of on the parts screen to quit) and it said "saved to parts list."

I can't find the option to do this anywhere. The credits were deducted. It doesn't show up under the body section of tuning options. I can buy the weight reduction again, but given that we all know what a pain in the ass getting money is in this game I'd rather not.

Anyone have any clue if I'm missing the option in the sea of menus or is this yet another awesome bug?
 
i think it is another awesome bug. Never had that happen to me, only with tires but u can find them in items. u cant find it under items at all?
 
I purchased the stage 1 weight reduction and accidentally hit circle one step too early (on the "do you want to install now scree" instead of on the parts screen to quit) and it said "saved to parts list."

I can't find the option to do this anywhere. The credits were deducted. It doesn't show up under the body section of tuning options. I can buy the weight reduction again, but given that we all know what a pain in the ass getting money is in this game I'd rather not.

Anyone have any clue if I'm missing the option in the sea of menus or is this yet another awesome bug?

go to your items list... it is in there.
 
Go to "items" on the menu were you can select A & B spec
 
I did the same thing the other day when changing out my air filter for a sports one.

Apparently, on the main GT life page, somewhere on the left is an items button. It should be in there although I've not had chance to try it myself.
 
wtf "items"? I went to the tuning thing in the garage, I'll check items now...sigh

I thought the tuning area would be logical because it lists the parts I've bought and I can swap between them, I hope whoever designed this isn't doing that anymore

edit: It's there...the suitcase looking thing...it's a weird menu, I have some horns in there too...this really feels stupid
 
Last edited:
It goes to the 'items' page because it can be gifted to a friend.

Go to Items, open the car parts section, highlight the part you want, click Install.

The game will remember which car you purchased the part for (and will remind you in the dialogue box).
 
wtf "items"? I went to the tuning thing in the garage, I'll check items now...sigh

I thought the tuning area would be logical because it lists the parts I've bought and I can swap between them, I hope whoever designed this isn't doing that anymore

edit: It's there...the suitcase looking thing...it's a weird menu, I have some horns in there too...this really feels stupid

How is that stupid? You bought an upgrade and didn't use it. It went in your inventory, aka the "Items" menu, where you can use it on any car you want. The only things that show up in the tuning options are items that are installed on your car.

It's like some people don't even bother reading or paying attention. The pop-up confirmation told you exactly where to find item.
 
The only things that show up in the tuning options are items that are installed on your car.

It's like some people don't even bother reading or paying attention. The pop-up confirmation told you exactly where to find item.
Wrong, in the tuning section I often see two sets of tyres available to choose from - both are not installed on the car at the same time.

As for the system of buying and not using parts straight away, it's stupid, because the intuitive thing is to go to the car where you bought the parts, go to tuning for that car, and install the part you already bought for it. Don't go on about people not paying attention to defend their poor design decision.
 
If you care to admit it or not the system works FINE, people make the mistake of trying to make the system work the way "THEY" want, then get uptight and call it broken or "STUPID", instead of just paying attention to whats explained as you play the game.

Personally I think it's a better system than past GT series games.
 
If you care to admit it or not the system works FINE, people make the mistake of trying to make the system work the way "THEY" want, then get uptight and call it broken or "STUPID", instead of just paying attention to whats explained as you play the game.

Personally I think it's a better system than past GT series games.
Given that the game hasn't really moved on since GT1 in terms of structure, saying it's a better system than past GT games is hardly singing its praises.

Besides, it the saving of upgrades is clunky and unintuitive. It should be perfectly possible to apply a saved upgrade in the tuning shop for that particular car. That, and many other things, are seriously flawed with this game, like having to confirm that something has been installed when it has asked you and you already said yes. There is far, far too much hopping about between screens, menus and options - very poor design.
 
Given that the game hasn't really moved on since GT1 in terms of structure, saying it's a better system than past GT games is hardly singing its praises.

Besides, it the saving of upgrades is clunky and unintuitive. It should be perfectly possible to apply a saved upgrade in the tuning shop for that particular car. That, and many other things, are seriously flawed with this game, like having to confirm that something has been installed when it has asked you and you already said yes. There is far, far too much hopping about between screens, menus and options - very poor design.

I get what you saying. I suppose to each his own though.
 
Defending a poor design decision? THE GAME SPELLS IT OUT FOR YOU! As for your tire comment, it lists all tires the car is capable of using because you, wait for it, INSTALLED THEM. Buy a set of tires and don't install them, they go right to the Item list to be used on anything.

If anything the system is better designed. We are now no longer resigned to making purchases for one car at a time. I can buy numerous sets of tires, or air filters, or flywheels, ant one time and put them on any car I want at any time I want.

Again, not PD's fault for you hastily clicking through things and not paying attention. People will complain about anything just to remove the blame from themselves.
 
Back