Glowing brakes, exhausts etc etc

Calm down.

It does become unlocked. Minor damage at level 20 or something, then more becomes apparent at higher levels.

Thank you.

Sony have officially stated that damage does not get unlocked. You are wrong and perpetuating a myth. I suppose you also think you have to pay for repairs when you damage your car?

Also being a condescending... person and quadruple posting, then being smart when people warn you that it's an AUP infraction (too many of which will get you suspended or banned) generally aren't qualities that sit well with GTPers, let alone admins. I realise it's not the best feeling knowing that you're doing it wrong, but a little humility will go a long way.
 
I wish my cars get dirty, so GT5 promised us that the dirt will stay, well I think they lied to us, i really hope a patch will fix it.

I only clean my cars because I went off track and my tires are not in their 100% grip, yes car wash makes my tires clean so i get maximum grip. I want to see my skyline dirty!!!

I hope you really dont think that PD took into affect about cleaning tires will help with grip. Thats not even true in real life. "cleaning" of tires is doing a light burnout to get them somewhat warm and clean them off, or in road racing they go back and forth on the track to keep them warm or heat them up and clean them off. Not take them to the pits and wash them down...
 
Sony have officially stated that damage does not get unlocked. You are wrong and perpetuating a myth. I suppose you also think you have to pay for repairs when you damage your car?

Also being a condescending... person and quadruple posting, then being smart when people warn you that it's an AUP infraction (too many of which will get you suspended or banned) generally aren't qualities that sit well with GTPers, let alone admins. I realise it's not the best feeling knowing that you're doing it wrong, but a little humility will go a long way.

OK boss. No problem boss. Going to the can boss.

Strange how there was no damage at all at lower levels then more damage at higher levels. KY kept it a secret about the way damage was going to be implemented. What I mean too is, you need to be at a higher level to actually get the cars that will damage most, so in a way it is level related.

And about the double posting or triple or whatever, it's up to a mod to tell me off, which has been done. Not you, happy fingers.

And just to explain, which is for the mods, not you. I'm a member of another forum where I have nearly 20k posts and double triple whatever posting is allowed. I was not aware that it wasn't allowed here.
 
Last edited:
I hope you really dont think that PD took into affect about cleaning tires will help with grip. Thats not even true in real life. "cleaning" of tires is doing a light burnout to get them somewhat warm and clean them off, or in road racing they go back and forth on the track to keep them warm or heat them up and clean them off. Not take them to the pits and wash them down...

I understand your point, Im just going to use this as my reference

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/new-penalty-system-for-gran-turismo-5-the-tire-grip.html

“New features of the game include a tyre grip penalty which temporarily reduces grip if you go off the track and onto the grass or into the gravel. It takes around three to four corners to retain full grip again.''

Now i know i sound crazy :dopey: but car washing my car will get get the full grip instead of driving on tarmac for a long time, I know I dont have proof, but to me I feel it, so yeah:nervous:
 
Breaks do glow. I'm at lvl 18(almost 19) and I see breaks glow.
I've seen dirt 'accumulate' on cars. When I go through the dirt or off ht etrack on the sand, the tires get all dirty and is thrown up and sticks to the rear of the fenders and quarter panels(same with gravel) But once you get back on the pavement it seems to all disappear, this should not happen, it should stay on for al least a half lap too one full lap.
 
I understand your point, Im just going to use this as my reference

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/new-penalty-system-for-gran-turismo-5-the-tire-grip.html

“New features of the game include a tyre grip penalty which temporarily reduces grip if you go off the track and onto the grass or into the gravel. It takes around three to four corners to retain full grip again.''

Now i know i sound crazy :dopey: but car washing my car will get get the full grip instead of driving on tarmac for a long time, I know I dont have proof, but to me I feel it, so yeah:nervous:

You consider 3-4 corners "a long time"?

As soon as you leave a race your tires regain their full grip, no need to wash your car.

I wonder, do you wash your rally car's tires too?
 
I understand your point, Im just going to use this as my reference

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/new-penalty-system-for-gran-turismo-5-the-tire-grip.html

“New features of the game include a tyre grip penalty which temporarily reduces grip if you go off the track and onto the grass or into the gravel. It takes around three to four corners to retain full grip again.''

Now i know i sound crazy :dopey: but car washing my car will get get the full grip instead of driving on tarmac for a long time, I know I dont have proof, but to me I feel it, so yeah:nervous:

That has nothing to do with a car wash, when cars go off track they pick up gravel and what not that gets stuck a lil in the tire, simply running the car on track will clear it off and restore grip. F1 2010 is a perfect example of this, when you run off things are clearly stuck to your tires, and they slowly go away for a few corners until its all gone, its not cleaning like cleaning your car, what your feeling is all in your head I promise you.
 
You consider 3-4 corners "a long time"?

As soon as you leave a race your tires regain their full grip, no need to wash your car.

I wonder, do you wash your rally car's tires too?

Oh, I wash my car every 5 race because I like seeing the auto guys rubbin foam on my cars :D


That has nothing to do with a car wash, when cars go off track they pick up gravel and what not that gets stuck a lil in the tire, simply running the car on track will clear it off and restore grip. F1 2010 is a perfect example of this, when you run off things are clearly stuck to your tires, and they slowly go away for a few corners until its all gone, its not cleaning like cleaning your car, what your feeling is all in your head I promise you.

Thanks for the wrap up, now I wont be so foolishly wash my cars because I thought I need to wash the tires ahah:dunce:
 
LOL that was funny. i wasnt giving you a hard time man just threw me off on what you were saying but hey if you want to see people rubbing your car down, be my guest LOL
 
And about the double posting or triple or whatever, it's up to a mod to tell me off, which has been done. Not you, happy fingers.

And just to explain, which is for the mods, not you. I'm a member of another forum where I have nearly 20k posts and double triple whatever posting is allowed. I was not aware that it wasn't allowed here.

Which is why I gave you a heads up, but you just return attitude..
 
Jay
Which is why I gave you a heads up, but you just return attitude..

Looks like hes going to have a happy stay here. :sly:
 
Cars get dirty too, but it's really slow and mostly a thin layer of brown dust. If you want to see glowing brakes more often, turn off abs and brake borderline blocking.

I've also seen tyres get momentarily dirty and then cleaner in Suzuka's run-off. They were sports hard.
 
Back