Going from disc to digital

• Thread starter MacBain
  • 8 comments
Norway
Oslo, Norway
Ok, so I have the Anniversary Edition on disc and wanted to have it on ditgital instead, so I bought the only Special edition available and installed it (6 hours).
Now I have a double installation (27gb).

What should I do to get this corrected without loosing any data/saves?.

Hi Macbain, boot the disc version and make a new copy of the game save and transfer it to a usb stick.. after transfer to usb delete the disc version install from your directory, now boot up the digital version and it should load with the gamesave from the disc version.

I changed over to the digital version after multiple discs being problematic on load so cut the corner and downloaded it instead and used my disc gamesave and all went perfect 👍 also you will have a backup on usb just incase something went wrong, good luck with it :cheers:

It's been a long time since I've played my PS3 so I'm a bit comfused.
The game works great with the correct progress, it's just that it takes up twice the space.
I have an GT6 installation under the "game data utility" that was installed in 2013 which is 17GB.
The other installation is located under PS3 games ->GT6 at about 27GB.

Can I just delete the first one?

Want to make sure I keep my 15th Anniversary cars :).

It's been a long time since I've played my PS3 so I'm a bit comfused.
The game works great with the correct progress, it's just that it takes up twice the space.
I have an GT6 installation under the "game data utility" that was installed in 2013 which is 17GB.
The other installation is located under PS3 games ->GT6 at about 27GB.

Can I just delete the first one?

Want to make sure I keep my 15th Anniversary cars :).
I had the 15th Anniversary disc version but when I went to the digital version a few months ago, you will not lose the 15th Anniversary cars even though you have the disc game save.

Back