Gold Cars

• Thread starter karelpipa
  • 5 comments
Czech Republic
Prague
karelpipa
How many do you have ? or how many in whole game are?
I have
Gold Lancer IV GSR with gold discs and red circle around
Gold (R)Concept Car with gold discs
Gold Soarer 2.5 GT-T with gold discs and red circle around

Lancer and Soarer has slightly less horsepower (-7 hp and - 6hp respectively), but same weight as a standard models
Also noticed that you can have different RM colour for Lancer (Purple or Green), normal has i think WRC White and yellow

Do you have any clue if it is some rule to win another golden cars or this is all?

Last edited:
I don't think I ever owned any gold cars in GT, though I've got a few in GT5. Can you post any pics?

I don't think I ever owned any gold cars in GT, though I've got a few in GT5. Can you post any pics?

sure but i dont think its necesarry, i was just amazed that i got 3 golden prize cars in a row, lucky, but nothing strange...just 3 different cars with same color.
Sorry for that thread. but if you insist to make photos i will do.

There is a prize Miata which is definitely metallic gold, and not yellow.

The only other cars I have recorded as colour gold are the TVR Griffith 4.0 and TVR Cerbera.

No used cars.

The [R]Concept Car is definitely yellow to me.

Isn't the Lancer billed as "Dandelion Yellow"? Hmm. Not as a prize. The EvoIII is "Dandelion Yellow".

There are several prize cars which come in yellow.

CR-X
Civic(Racer)
Eunos Roadster (Miata)
Lancer EvoIV GSR
Nismo 400R
R32 Skyline '91 GT-R
S13 Silvia Q's 1800cc
SilEighty
Impreza Sedan WRX-STi ver.III
Celica SS-II
Soarer 2.5GT-T VVT-i

To answer your question, the yellow (or single instance of gold in the Miata) really just seems to be another prize colour. There are no proven techniques for determining the model or colour of a prize you win.

Last edited:
Ditto on yellow over gold. I know the prize cars had different liveries than regular purchasable cars (paint and wheels, sometimes bumped up stock HP, and even different race liveries)

I <3 my yellow Soarer.

Back