Gold Star Racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dorifto
  • 18 comments
  • 2,221 views
Messages
1,439
What do you guys think of this new karting series on the Discovery Channel? Personally I think they could have followed different types of karts throughout the show instead of just having those 4 stroke ones that are popular from the midwest out east.
 
Hey i just saw a commercial for it while watching the new hot rod show on disc channel. Looks pretty cool, I would have loved to do that, but those kids sounded pretty sad and spoiled... I wonder if they will be the future of F1 or the future hicks of nascar... apoligies to those who like racing around a circle in a machine biased to one side...
 
They basically are training for Nascar. It's incredible how much the parents push their kids. It's almost like they're just using them for their own personal Fulfillment. Anyways I hope they start showing some races in California with some 2 strokes...
 
Yeah that is what i gathered from the commercial. What i really wanna see is some more footage of skip barber racing school that they were showing on some of those extreme sports speed shows or something...

What's the difference between 4 and 2 stroke... the engines??
 
Originally posted by Dorifto
They basically are training for Nascar. It's incredible how much the parents push their kids. It's almost like they're just using them for their own personal Fulfillment. Anyways I hope they start showing some races in California with some 2 strokes...

It's the same in any other American sport involving children, i.e. baseball, basketball, football, hockey, etc.
 
Originally posted by bengee


What's the difference between 4 and 2 stroke... the engines??

2 strokes have two complete revolutions of the crank for every power stroke, 4 strokes have four complete revolutions for every power stroke.
 
Originally posted by Dorifto
What do you guys think of this new karting series on the Discovery Channel? Personally I think they could have followed different types of karts throughout the show instead of just having those 4 stroke ones that are popular from the midwest out east.

When is it supposed to be on?
 
Originally posted by Dorifto
1.They basically are training for Nascar.
2.It's incredible how much the parents push their kids. It's almost like they're just using them for their own personal Fulfillment.
3.Anyways I hope they start showing some races in California with some 2 strokes...

1.Did you even take a look at the karts very closely? They are road-racing karts, the driver is not off-set in the frame as they would in an oval kart. The series is comprised of road-racing.

2.Yes this is what you call Little League parents. They are perfect examples of this, especially the ones who live cheaply so they can spend an outrageous amount of money to take their 8 & 10 year old racing cause they could be the next Jeff Gordon. :rolleyes: They will do anything to screw the other guy cause Jr. doing well is the only thing that matters to them.

3.I doubt you will see any shifter-kart racing, they allready have the CART Stars of Tomorrow races on Speed anyway :odd:. Four-stroke karting rarely gets any publicity and it is very popular nowadays for the motor is just a heavily moded 5hp Briggs. I believe the show is named after the class in which these kids are running anyway, though not entirely sure.
 
I said they were basically training for Nascar because thats what one of the dads or moms was saying. Also, I know they have the Stars of Tomorow on Speed but not a lot of people get that channel, I'm glad I do:D . Anyways the show's alright I guess but I just think they should show a wider aspect of karting, which they may do in the next few shows.
 
I am so glad to see kart racing on TV. I have only been doing it for about 4 years, but I am addicted to it. I race a Lay Down Enduro with a single 100cc 2 cycle motor. I have had it up to about 125 MPH. My friend, that got me into it, runs a dual 100cc kart that he passes me in like I am going backwards. He has had it up around 150 MPH. What a freakin' rush....
Almost all of the people we race with are laid back and wanting to have fun. There are those people/families that take it way to seriously like the families on Gold Star. Some parents just can't let their kids enjoy a sport without living vicariously through them.
I have coached my sons baseball team and had to throw 2 of the dads from my team out of the park for fist fighting over sending a kid home from third base...
Oh well.. I am just happy to see something I enjoy on TV...
 

Attachments

  • coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 85
That's cool I've never known anyone who does the lay-down karts. How do they drive compared to other karts, and how do you get a 100cc to 125 mph?!?!?

I'm racing with the TAG Parilla and an Energy frame.

I swear if my family gets a digital camera I'll post pics.
 
The lay down karts are fast as hell. That low to the ground you stick in turns like glue, most of the time that is..,,:D
It is an amazing experience. I still get out of the kart every time shaking with adrenaline. We are called the "Fire Breathing Dragons" at http://www.roeblingroad.com/ race track.
Getting 100cc 2 stroke to go 125mph = the right gears, 110 octane gas and Taching that motor up to about 13,500 to 14,500 RPM's.
She starts off pretty slow, but once over about 50mph she screams.
 
One more pic of mine...
 

Attachments

  • scotkart2.jpg
    scotkart2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 69
Nice! Anyways have you ever raced in a sprint kart?
 
I watched like 2 episodes of it. When those kids mess up man they whine like hell. In my opinion they should of had a little older kids.
 
True...I hope they have some 15-17 year olds in 2 strokes if they keep the show going.
 
Where has sn00pie been? I'd like to hear his opinion on this series.

That is if he's seen it.
 
Ya where did that guy go?

Anyways if you go to www.kartweb.com and go into their videos section there is a 26 minute long video about an ICC racing team that spends like 65,000 on karting and other motorsports. Its really cool.
 
Back