Gold

• Thread starter Popeye
  • 13 comments

Popeye

Premium
Kalle666ca
Ok. Here's one for everybody. Which was the first track and car they beat the gold time with?
Reason I ask is because I am not a veteran like most of you. I have posted a couple of silvers, but boy would it be good to see even just one gold.
Don't need anyone saying I did them all in an afternoon and unlocked Jerez.
To us that are new to gaming this way, that does not help.
Let me put it another way then. Whats the best car, track, and set up for somebody who would early love to post a gold and to give themselves so go to try for the rest.
I think it was Shaggy Alonso ( if I am wrong I apologize to the concerned party) who posted an Imola setup, well, at least that got me into silver, now just have to find a way of keeping the twichy bugger on the road for that final push to gold. So thanks in advance to everyone.:)

YEAH First Gold. But only just. Indianapolis in a maclaren 1.12.409 And it did not look like a good lap. Now if I can find a way to keep a bleedin ferrari on the track I maybe able to hit another but still got 6 bronzes to move into silverland first.

Is it me or does the ferrari engine have too much power for the chassis? Speed no problem, but jesus it handles like a right cowson.:cheers:

Well here's the Ferrari setup I used to get a 1:14.069 at Monte Carlo:
Tires: Soft
T-Pressure f/r: 15/11
Wing f/r: 90/90
Suspen f/r: 14/12
Camb f/r: -1.5/0
Toe: 0.02
RH: 15
Anti-roll f/r: 30000/125000
rebound f/r: 9000/9000
bump f/r: 7000/7000
gears: 20.7,16.3,13.6,11.7,9.8,8.5,7.9
brakes: 55/45
tc: 90%

Hope it helps some.

Not ignoring you, just busy. Will be back at work tomorrow so I will be silent for a week or so.
Thanks for this, I'll give it a try when I get back.

2Nd Gold. Imola Yeah,
Ok peeps, seems like my Hocken time is way off. Going to work now for a week, but if you have any more setups you could share I would be so grateful.
Bye for now and stay lucky.

I've been using the Ferrari to post all my gold times.

For me, the easiest track was probably Nurburgring. With all of them, it's just a matter of practice: find the right line, the right gear, the right braking point etc. then put it all together in one run - VOILA! A gold run... :)

YEAH, Finally got all golds ( In the dry :)) Dont think I got a cat in hells chance of doing them in the wet. But that will have to wait. Got to finally go start and do GT3 properly.

my first gold came on magny cours, it was a matter of i loved racing the track so i went for it! I laced every corner perfectly with smooth fast controlled exits and pulled the gold. It was quite a happy moment actually. I did it in the Toyota, my favourite car, which i am also in my second season with! It has so much character.

My first gold was Suzuka in the McLaren, didn't have to even touch the settings... Sometimes that's the case, others you have to go nuts with in terms of setup.

Finally managed to get all golds but only in the dry. Anyone know if anything unlocks if you get all golds in the wet. How realistic is it to achieve all golds in the wet?

I have completed the bronze level in the wet and there seems to be no reward. It was quite a workout and having to modify the all the setting for more improvement it may not be worth the effort it requires. Sadly there is no provision to have a different wet and dry setting saved without changing everything. To the designers ears for changing conditions between Quali and Race it would be nice to be able to quickly jump from dry to wet sets and Vice versa.

Generally wet setups require raising the ride height and softening the suspension to increase mechanical grip. Aero aspects require more downforce to improve adheasion. TCS can also be softened to decrease wheelspin. Engine mapping although not a changable feature would be ramped up to reach max mean torque in a softer faster to prevent wheelspin as well.

Cheers

Robert

So apart from driving in the rain, it actually means we are no further forward to unlock anything else. Bummer. Never mind.:banghead:

Back