Golding the Licenses

Australia
Australia
Quite a while ago I decided I wanted to try and Gold all the licenses on GT2. First thing I did was turn all my bronzes into silver or gold whichever came first, then I started on B and started Golding them one by one.

To my surprise I got through B and A on the same day and got about 7 of International C very quickly too. I got gold on IC 3 and thought that IC 4 should be pretty easy. Its the same only with walls right?

Wrong!!! For some unknown godamn reason it is hard as all hell to get. So because of that one, I left the game for over a year. I came back into it today and after an hour finally got it. I still don't understand why that one is so much harder than the wall-less version. Is it just me or has anyone else struggled on that one?

I wish I tried golding everything years ago I just didn't care that much at the time. I never golded A in GT1 but I did for the other two licenses (actually I think A is harder to Gold than IA)

Talk about golding stuff if you like, or not. I needed to rant about the hell IC 4 put me through...Only two more left to go on that license and they are IC 9 and 10. Good times ahead I am sure

When I started another playthrough of GT2, I tried golding everything in one go. B took some time, but I eventually got it. I tried to do the same on A, but unfortunately one test got in my way (I don't remember which one). So, from that point onward, I said "screw it" and just tried to get a silver standard on the remaining licenses. I started Simulation mode with the prize car I got from golding B License, and made it a point to win all of the events in the main section of the game using only prize cars. The only events that I couldn't beat was the two Pikes Peak races. (You probably know what opponents they were.) I heard that someone managed to beat both races with an FTO LM Edition... which was won from golding one of the other Licenses.

The tests from those older games were pretty tough. I can pass them easily now, but golding them is a different story entirely.

Agreed they were pretty tough. I can fly through GT1 and GT2 licenses at this point but golding them is as you say a different story. GT4 is probably the hardest because I have only run through all the licenses in that game about 3 or 4 times in my life. My GT2 game is so old and even though I have the Golds on B and A, I don't have either of the cars for that. I would really like to know what the hell my younger self did with them.

Yeah Pikes Peak was the two Suzuki monsters, I'm impressed that someone caned them with an FTO LM though.

Yeah, IC-4 was the toughest to Gold... I remember distinctly my disbelief when, after 2 hours, I finally did it, but only after semi-slamming the back wall, not enough to FAIL!, somehow.

Some more license test thoughts here.

The Alfa test in IC-9 was another doozy. In fact, if you watch the demonstration video, even that fails to get Gold! Only one I know of.

Another tricky one is the slalom involving the S2000 on the IB licence. Never managed to silver that one, therefore I never thought about getting it in gold !
But I agree, B and A licences are easy to gold.

Golded IC 9 and 10 tonight. Took me over an hour to do IC 9! God that sucked! IC 10 was fun and I did that in 15 minutes. My reward was a gold 3000GT Lm edition. If only it was still called GTO. I then used that car in GT world where it struggled against the Lotus Elise GT1 and Viper Team Oreca. I won though and got the beautiful Castrol Nsx.

Ah...a good session

S-9 (the Alfa at Rome-Night) really sucked for gold (or maybe I just suck at that challenge?). IA 2 and 10 were also rage inducing when I golded them. The latter two are going through what is probably supposed to be Eau Rouge on Spa (at least, it seems like Eau Rouge). Getting the S license was worth it though since the prize car is a major asset for several high HP events.

Hi to all of you!
GT2 licences are my speciality - I'm sure I've spent more time on them than anyone else!

IC4 Drive along a smooth, even arc, missing every wall by inches.
Finally did sub 20 seconds. 19.936
IC9 - 20.004 - I just have to try again for sub 20sec.
IC10 Have sub 22 secs.
IB8 The fast slalom - Full acceleration all the way through - 17.347 - be prepared for a few visits to the body shop!
See my YouTube vid which also shows overhead view.
IA2 Use Manual - this car has TORQUE, don't drop to 2nd gear! 23.093
S9 Probably the hardest special licence test. 1:26.667 - sub 1:26.000 is possible.

I've just put up all 60 GT2 licence tests on YouTube using name "john rose".
Titles are e.g. "GT2: Licence B1 37.832"

I've put these tags on the B licence tests (no tags on the rest)
Licences
License
Licenses
Gran Turismo 2
GT2
GT2 replay
Licence test
License test
Licence record
License record

Various searches don't seem to bring up my vids unless I use "GT2 licence".
"GT2 licences" OR "GT2 license" doesn't bring up any of my vids until page 8.
Any advice to make searching easier for my videos??? What tags?
I'm quite clueless at this sort of thing.

JRose

GT1 and GT2 are really hard, compared to GT5 and 6. I can't even touch silver in 1 and 2 but GT5 and 6 i mostly got silver or gold. The slightest mistake in the two early games could cost you big.

GT1's licenses are far, far tougher than the ones on GT2. I have all Golds on GT2, but I don't even have a single set of golds on GT1.

Yeah, GT2 is hard but GT1 takes it. Me and my dad used to ignore the IB and IA license tests and just grind our way so we can buy cars that we like. My dad grind like hell so he can buy me a Viper GTS (thanks dad) and he bought himself a Castrol Supra JGTC, which then he use in Sunday Cup while commenting how fast that Supra is :lol::lol:. Wow can't believe its 13 years ago...

I think golding GT1's International A license is not that hard (hell I did it after all) but I really suck at golding A. I can silver them and I have a few golds. Some of them are just infuriating ESP A-3 and A-8. I haven't gotten close to golding those

GT1's licenses are far, far tougher than the ones on GT2. I have all Golds on GT2, but I don't even have a single set of golds on GT1.

To be honest, I have always sucked at licences. Silver at best, very, very rarely golds. I found GT2 to be more thorough in testing, obviously because there are thirty more tests and a lot more variation but GT1's aren't impossible to gold. I managed to get six out of eight, including four in a row, on GT1's B licence yesterday. Started a new game and got them straight away.

GT2 is so difficult to gold in my opinion. Especially the slaloms. I find GT1's easier to gold in terms of difficulty, the only issue being that you don't know what the times for each medal is. GT2 is easier in terms of knowing how much time you need to catch up on, but the difficulty is far greater.

Back