Golf in New Brunswick is like basketball in Moscow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Klostrophobic
  • 24 comments
  • 615 views
Messages
12,993
United States
USA! USA!
I'm going on a two-day trip to New Brunswick to play a few rounds of golf on Monday and Tuesday. They're going to be exciting rounds, I tell you what.

We're playing a round at Algonquin Golf Course in St. Andrews by-the-sea (coolest city name ever). Then the following day we'll play a couple rounds at Mactaquac Golf Course in beautiful Fredericton.

Hopefully I'll have fun. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself completely by shooting a bunch of David Duval-like rounds.

If anyone is going to be in the area of these two courses on Monday and Tuesday, let me know and you can be my caddy. Or slave.
 
The problem with basketball in Moscow is that the ball won't bounce good (because of the snow).

kisshatbutn.jpg
 
Well, Klos, have a happy father's day - I hope at least a few of your illegitimate children contact you this Sunday!
 
Told you? Hopefully you were there during conception.

If not, I have a lot of thinking to do.
 
You driving or flying?

Oh, if you are driving, go through Maine. You can pick me up and Ill be your caddy. :)
 
Flying?! Are you insane? That takes most of the fun out of the trip.

Driving, man. We're taking some scenic route through Maine.

Just meet me at the Algonquin course at 4:30 PM on monday. I'll wear an orange shirt.
 
Awesomes.

Road trip!

Dont take route one. That's where all the Massholes breed.

No offense, Der_Alta and Jpec.
 
I know. I live in Massachusetts. Massholes breed anywhere they can. We're like a virus. And we'll tax the **** out of you if we can.

I want to take sidestreets all the way up to New Brunswick, but that's probably impossible, or completely insane. Possibly both.
 
:scared: No! Don't tax us! We don't want that!

I mean, Maine has the highest price for cigarettes in the whole union. $10 says that.
 
I bet New York has Maine beat.

Just run up to me at Algonquin and say, "I'm xAkirax2004 from GTP!!!!!!!"

I'll wear a big sign that reads: "I'm Klostrophobic, I fear closed spaces. That's why I'm standing in a big ****ing golf course."
 
I didn't see you at the course! But then again we missed our tee time on Monday because we forgot to account for the one-hour timezone change as you cross the border. We were really friggin' pissed, and then slowly realized how funny it was.

Instead, we just checked out Mactaquac after we checked into an awesome Bed & Breakfast (Chickadee Lodge outside Fredericton; anyone been there before?). We only got in 15 holes before the Sun set at about 10 PM.

We did get to play the Algonquin on Tuesday, though. It was a great course, but really ****ing expensive. 115 bucks Canadian for 18 damn holes is more than I spend on about 80 holes.

Overall I had a good time despite the fact we ended up missing our tee time and only played two rounds of golf.
 
Yeah. I know I couldnt come. It was because I got caught up in a friends death. I went to his funeral today.


Sorry to let you down, Klos. :indiff:
 
I didn't know you were a golfer, Klos. I usually play several times a week. What is your handicap?
 
My handicap? I play golf.

Actually, I average right around 100. Sometimes a little lower, sometimes a little higher. I guess my handicap would be around the 25-30 mark. I seem to be getting better with each round, though.

My putting is what really screws me over (and my approach shots, my drives, my sand-shots, my chips, and my pitches). My last round, I probably three-putted 6 times. But I did sink a 50+ foot putt, which was really awesome.
 
:lol: Ah, don't feel too bad, it's a tough game! I keep my scores in the 80's. The next time you're in Kentucky let me know and we'll go play a round. :)
 
Jordan
:lol: Ah, don't feel too bad, it's a tough game! I keep my scores in the 80's. The next time you're in Kentucky let me know and we'll go play a round. :)

Does this offer stand to all GTP members? When I'm in Tennessee I'm only 100-150 miles from London. That's an 100-150 minutes by car; 75-115 minutes by A8.
 
Jeez, they actually have golf courses in New Brunswick? I haven't seen any, and my dad has lived in Franklin (pretty close to New Brunswick) for 20 years before him and mom moved (in '84, before I was born) to our current residence, and he don't know of any golf courses in New Brunswick. He said there used to be one near Rutgers University but that's gone.

M5: or 65-100 minutes by Z06 :trouble:
 
I'd love to keep my scores in the eighties. If by any chance I'm ever in the Kentucky area with a set of clubs, I'll let you know.

There were quite a few courses in New Brunswick. Easily a few dozen according to a brochure we picked up.
 
M5Power
Does this offer stand to all GTP members? When I'm in Tennessee I'm only 100-150 miles from London. That's an 100-150 minutes by car; 75-115 minutes by A8.
Yes, of course! Where in Tennessee do you live?
 
Back