Golf V GTI Gear Ratios

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flaanders
  • 4 comments
  • 1,185 views
Messages
95
Messages
Flaanders
I was just driving the new GTI on the Nurburgring (in arcade mode) and i noticed on the straights that when I upshifted from 4 to 5, the revs stayed the same. When I changed to 6th, the revs dropped as usual. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. I am using NTSC U/C, maybe this glitch isnt in other versions.
 
It is a bug and and I am disappointed to report that it hasn't been fixed in the PAL version. I've come across that problem in the NTSC[J] version and since I have a media copy of GT4 PAL version handy I thought I check on that one as well.

Bummer for Golf fans.
 
Is the bug just in arcade mode, or sim as well? If so I wonder if upgrading the gearbox would fix it.
 
Why do VWs and Opels lose boost after 4000 RPMs?

And yes, throwing in a racing tranny fixes that problem in Sim mode.
 
The Locust
yes, throwing in a racing tranny fixes that problem in Sim mode.

Okay then. It has the same 4th/5th gear in arcade and LAN modes.

I wonder how that slipped through the Quality Assurance net at PD...
 
Back