Gonna get first car by summer....

  • Thread starter Thread starter nick09
  • 25 comments
  • 1,024 views

nick09

(Banned)
Messages
6,169
United States
NY
Messages
nlck09
And I think I'm gonna need help.

What I'm looking for is at Least 29 mpg in the city and if possible AUTO trans.
What I like so far is the 03-05 Dodge Neon SXT; I'm looking for Neon reviews in the 03-05 year range.

I'm thinking of sticking with a 4-door car possibly even 2-door.

Also what do you think about an american car vs other nationality cars.

12866 is my zip code if you don't mind searching for car deals under 5K.

Thanks for all help in advance.:)
 
2nd Gen. Taurus.
 
Have you considered a Ford Focus variant?
 
The neon is a pretty nice car. My family alone have owned 3. A 1999, 2000, and a 2005. The car I currently drive is the 2000. The only problem I've had with it was an oil leak that's been fixed. Other than that it's ran fine. As far as gas mileage just tuesday I filled up 9.7 gallons for about $35 (in California). I had 207.7 miles on the tank and that was on strictly city driving only. I had an average of about 21.5mpg city. I don't know what my sister gets (the 2005) but as far as I know she hasn't had a problem with hers since she bought it new in 2005. The '99 was traded in for the 2005.

EDIT: 29 in the city? Uh I don't think neons get even close. Maybe like 23 at best in the city?
 
29 mpg in the city?

That pretty much limits you to a Civic. You can search for 88-97 ones.
 
The neon is a pretty nice car. My family alone have owned 3. A 1999, 2000, and a 2005. The car I currently drive is the 2000. The only problem I've had with it was an oil leak that's been fixed. Other than that it's ran fine. As far as gas mileage just tuesday I filled up 9.7 gallons for about $35 (in California). I had 207.7 miles on the tank and that was on strictly city driving only. I had an average of about 21.7mpg city. I don't know what my sister gets (the 2005) but as far as I know she hasn't had a problem with hers since she bought it new in 2005. The '99 was traded in for the 2005.

What models were they? R/T, SXT, or just basic?
 
99 was pretty much basic. My 2000 is an ES and my sister's '05 is an SXT.
 
from automobile magazine site i read 29 in city and 36 in highway for 03-05 Neons.

But one of the factors is driving habits such as driving as 70 mph on highways.
 
And I think I'm gonna need help.

What I'm looking for is at Least 29 mpg in the city and if possible AUTO trans.
What I like so far is the 03-05 Dodge Neon SXT; I'm looking for Neon reviews in the 03-05 year range.

I'm thinking of sticking with a 4-door car possibly even 2-door.

Also what do you think about an american car vs other nationality cars.

12866 is my zip code if you don't mind searching for car deals under 5K.

Thanks for all help in advance.:)
I'm gonna help you here. You're gonna be hard pressed to get an american car with that rating. Heck, you'll be hard pressed to find anything but an old gutless japanese car for that...

Okay so it isn't really help.
 
from automobile magazine site i read 29 in city and 36 in highway for 03-05 Neons.

But one of the factors is driving habits such as driving as 70 mph on highways.


Eh I get better gas mileage doing 75 mph than 70. Odd I know but the needle does move slower.
 
I'm thinking of a mazda3 or a mazda6, what do you think?

PS: You may post brands other than American.
 
If you're going new, yeah, a 3's a fabulous choice. We have at least one owner, and A couple pending.

((And to the rest: I don't wanna hear any Nova jokes, got it?))
 
If you're going new, yeah, a 3's a fabulous choice. We have at least one owner, and A couple pending.

((And to the rest: I don't wanna hear any Nova jokes, got it?))
Well I'm getting it used(Mazda6 2003 or Mazda3 2004).

I'm planing on looking for deals on auto trans(I can do more concentration on the road).
 
I have just the thing for you.

Failing that ('cos it's too new, too expensive and a 6-speed manual), the Mazda6 is pretty much the same car underneath. Go for it.
 
I live in USA and it would be weird to drive that way.

Yeah, I hear that trans-continental commute is a pain to drive.
 
If you're going new, yeah, a 3's a fabulous choice. We have at least one owner, and A couple pending.

Me = Pending, and I'd highly recommend it. Thing is, to get the best mileage you're going to need to get a stick, and as I recall, the best mileage is 24 in the city with the 3i.

Otherwise, try to find a fist-generation Scion xA. They aren't too bad. I just generally don't like Toyotas, so yeah, I'd never take one.
 
Sorry can't do.

I live in USA and it would be weird to drive that way.

That was actually a recommendation for the Mazda6, but never mind.
 
Me = Pending, and I'd highly recommend it. Thing is, to get the best mileage you're going to need to get a stick, and as I recall, the best mileage is 24 in the city with the 3i.

Otherwise, try to find a fist-generation Scion xA. They aren't too bad. I just generally don't like Toyotas, so yeah, I'd never take one.

I'm thinking of installing carbon fiber to reduce the weight and that would = better mpg, better acceleration, and less tire wear if I have a surplus of cash laying around.
 
I'm thinking of installing carbon fiber to reduce the weight and that would = better mpg, better acceleration, and less tire wear if I have a surplus of cash laying around.

For the love of heliotrope, man, why? For the cost of the carbonfibre you need to save a significant amount of weight, you could buy a whole second car (or a better first one). Otherwise you'd save more weight by having a shave.

Carbonfibre + road car = fail.
 
You know what'd be better?

Remove all your carpets, your radio, passenger seats and don't even touch the air-con or open the windows.
 
Ok the carbon idea is trash.

I think I will stay with a Mazda6.
But car suggestions is aways welcomed.
 
Back