Good Bye Old Friend, Hello New Friend...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 3 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
So I haven't been around too much lately but when it comes to cars the GTP is my first place to stop.

Some of you might remember that I bought (as the first and only owner) a 2011 WRX STI Hatchback in satin white pearl. Great car, never had problems, no complaints. However, today is the dawn of a new age for me... An age where turbo lag is no longer much of a concern at all.

Presenting my newest addition...

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T (Still Night Pearl)

IMG_0409.JPG

It's great to be back in a Honda (after having my 2011 Si Sedan in DBP wrecked, no fault of my own).

Those have been getting some very good numbers with Hondata
Indeed. Was watching their videos and it looks like the engine was underrated from the factory as well.

According to them it's pulling around 265hp and 300ft.lb at the hub (from the factory).

Gotta say, not to double post but it's been a month and wow!

Really hate to say it but this thing really doesnt leave me missing the STI. Sure there are moments I wouldnt mind the manual but the auto shifts really well. The torque is way better, the cornering is flatter, the turn in better... ride and build quality both better, really leaves me thinking that if I go boy racer again in a few years it will be a type R.

Day to day the only thing I miss is exhaust noise, though engine noise isnt bad at all (plenty of induction and blow-off lol).

All together Im really impressed. The engine is fantastic as a daily driver, the handling is sharp and flat without being punishing, and the comfort-convenience is on par with anything in the segment/ price range.

Only complaints, home link/ auto dim mirror should be standard, apple car play is over rated, and not a big fan of factory wheels. (Edit: The drive button should go red in sport mode)

In the end I'd say as a dd in the sub 30k range it's a solid 8.5/10.

Last edited:
Back