Good car for Grand Valley 300

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akmuq
  • 13 comments
  • 2,302 views
Messages
12,513
Ireland
Ireland
Messages
The__Luke
What is a good car to use? I want a challenge. So no x1s or formula gt's. I'm not going to use either. I'd prefer to lose by a second then win by 3 laps.
I'm thinking the 1969 camaro race mod would be good or maybe a Ford Focus ST. What do you all think?
 
Test it out before you start the race. You aren't going to want anything that runs any faster then a ~2:05.xxx lap (If I remember correctly) at Grand Valley otherwise you're going to be too fast and blow everybody away.
 
I used the Alfa T22 Carrozzata and it was the most fun endurance event ever, I highly recommend at least tyring with it.
 
I used the GT-R, rather stock I think. Wasnt exactly thrilling but I didnt blow anybody out the water and lap the others 20 times... :sly:
 
I've seen 2 people fail with the Mercedes 190 E and mite try locate one for myself for that race to see if it's possible to win in that car.
 
I used my BMW M3 CSL with just an oil change and full custom suspension and yes I did win fairly easily, by about a minute and a half I believe, but the car was in no way insanely fast or out of control, and it was a fun 2 hours and 15 minutes or so. I would recommend using a car that you enjoy and something that might make the race a bit more interesting!
 
Here's another thread, made today, that discusses this race: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163331

And my reply in that thread is:
I used the Toyota FT-86 on sport soft tires and an oil change. 233hp, 1000kg weight.

Sport softs made it too easy. If I did it again I'd have used sport hards. I had to pit twice (every 20 laps) for new tires (might have had enough fuel to go the distance). My best lap was a 2:08.xxx but I averaged around 2:12 - 2:13s. At the end of the race the 2nd place '01 NSX was a lap down to me.

FYI all the computer cars pitted twice.
 
The other cars aren't that fast, so I just brought my lightly modded Z4M. I enjoyed driving it more than anything.
 
I have a Toyota FT-86 concept so I might try that with sport hards.
 
^I did it with my FT-86 on sport softs. If I did the race again I'd probably do it on sport hards. You should be able to win and should probably get by with just one pit stop too.
 
Find a car that is close the performance to the others (HP/Weight etc) and then adjust your pace to match the AI by choosing the right tyres, (So if you're too fast put harder tyres on, too slow and put softer rubber on).

I've spent well over an hour trying different combos to do the Nurburgring 4h... What works for one will be wrong for somebody else.
 
S2000, mildly tuned will probably do it. Mine was too fast on sports soft tires(full weight reduction, ~300bhp), Less power and more weight will make it more even, and the car will be decently fun to drive...
 
I did it in a tuned Evo IX. Tried to approximately match the power to weight ratios in the "Typical Cars" section in the menu. I also did a timelapse on my alternate YouTube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iblwxaana3E

Fastest lap was 2 minutes 10 seconds, but since the tires get worn down, my average was a bit higher than that.
 
Back