Good Complete Garage for Online Racing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giygas
  • 7 comments
  • 703 views
Messages
1,258
So, i've just about exhausted offline mode and I want to get into online a bit.

What are some good cars that I can use for online racing? I'm looking to cover as many bases as possible for as many different races as possible.

Right now I only have the GTR Black fully tuned and an R18.
 
I only race Super GT, GT3, and LMP, so I can't tell you about street cars. But, my favorites for GT500 are the HSV and Takata '03 NSX. Favorite for GT300 is the BRZ. Favorite for GT3 is the R8 LMS(Don't get this car if you don't want to spend time tunning it.). My favorite for LMP is the R18.

Hope it helped:)
 
You'll need cars in the various PP ranges 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700 etc. and you'll need a mix of racers and street cars in those PP ranges, also a cross-section of year, some American, European and Japanese cars as well in case of restrictions, and they need to be on the recommended tire for that PP*.

So get used to the fact that 400pp is usually CS, 450pp SH, 500-600pp is SH-SS, it varies and 650pp road cars still on SS, but racing cars 600pp and up is usually RH-RS (anything under 600pp and racing tyres might be too much grip, but depends on the room).

*Don't just stick racing softs on every road car and expect to go fast, in GT6 road cars handle really badly with racing tires, so don't go there. Racing tyres are for racing cars. I don't know if you didn't already do that, but it's just a heads up.
 
I only race Super GT, GT3, and LMP, so I can't tell you about street cars. But, my favorites for GT500 are the HSV and Takata '03 NSX. Favorite for GT300 is the BRZ. Favorite for GT3 is the R8 LMS(Don't get this car if you don't want to spend time tunning it.). My favorite for LMP is the R18.

Hope it helped:)
I actually heard a lot about the BRZ, and the Takata from last game was pretty good for PP events. I'll consider those.

You'll need cars in the various PP ranges 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700 etc. and you'll need a mix of racers and street cars in those PP ranges, also a cross-section of year, some American, European and Japanese cars as well in case of restrictions, and they need to be on the recommended tire for that PP*.

So get used to the fact that 400pp is usually CS, 450pp SH, 500-600pp is SH-SS, it varies and 650pp road cars still on SS, but racing cars 600pp and up is usually RH-RS (anything under 600pp and racing tyres might be too much grip, but depends on the room).

*Don't just stick racing softs on every road car and expect to go fast, in GT6 road cars handle really badly with racing tires, so don't go there. Racing tyres are for racing cars. I don't know if you didn't already do that, but it's just a heads up.
Yeah, i actually noticed that most of the street cars in this game can't really hang with racecars anymore, with a few exceptions.. I appreciate the tire info.👍
 
I actually heard a lot about the BRZ, and the Takata from last game was pretty good for PP events. I'll consider those.


Yeah, i actually noticed that most of the street cars in this game can't really hang with racecars anymore, with a few exceptions.. I appreciate the tire info.👍

If you've played a lot offline then I need not give you some obvious suggestions for cars, you've played GT5 so the same cars that were good in 5 are still good in 6, think NSX/Elise/GT86 etc.

But I must recommend the Dino at 450PP and the HSV at 600PP. The Dino is not a must, but the HSV is if you plan to drive Super GT.
 
If you've played a lot offline then I need not give you some obvious suggestions for cars, you've played GT5 so the same cars that were good in 5 are still good in 6, think NSX/Elise/GT86 etc.

But I must recommend the Dino at 450PP and the HSV at 600PP. The Dino is not a must, but the HSV is if you plan to drive Super GT.
Ah, i see. Good that the slowest Ferrari can actually be useful.

Did GT6 bring in any other breakout stars than the BRZ GT300?
 
Ah, i see. Good that the slowest Ferrari can actually be useful.

Did GT6 bring in any other breakout stars than the BRZ GT300?

Well the LCC Rocket is well, a rocket. That's a very popular car. The FXX and Huayra are also popular at the 650PP end. And there is a nice breadth of Ferrari cars across the PP range, really. 450, 500, 550, 600 and 650. You can get one for every tier. The GTO (80's, handles better than the F40) is nice, the GTB is '71 as is the Dino as I've said, the two 20mill racers and the Italia and FXX are ones I use, but never tried the 599 or the SP1 so I don't know how they stack up.

And I guess the HSV's - even the AI HSV's win every race in the GT500.
 
My policy for having a good all-rounded garage for online racing- "Buy Everything!!" worked great for me, I allways had the perfect car for anyrace me and my friends raced. Nascar, SuperGT, Miata cup, European sedans, SUVs, Midnight F1, Rally Vipers, Kei Cars enduros, drifting muscle cars, Le mans rainy nights, Nurburgring Kart racing...
We tend to come up with some pretty out-there race events, but I always had a car for it. Ended up with 1200 cars in my GT5 garage.
 
Back