Good Drift Cars?

• Thread starter Matrihx
  • 24 comments
United States
California
Matrihx
Hi GTPlanet (: , I just want to try some new drift cars on Gran Turismo 5. Well I have used many cars like Honda NSX, Amemiya Rx-7, Nissan Silva. So are there any more that are your favorite?

Lexus ISF for sure, fully tuned BMW Z4 (not the Z4M), Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury and i'll check GT for a few more in a little bit have too many cars :grumpy:

Any RWD car that has a long enough wheelbase and enough power (I don't know how people can drift Kei cars, although it is cool), you can drift it. I personally like cars that are a lot less common than what you see in a typical drift lobby. These cars include the RUF BTR '86 and the Peugeot 908 LMP (when I'm bored). I don't like cars that I see everywhere like Supras, RX-7s, Silvias, etc, although I have no problem with people that like using them.

Holy crap how many threads are there about this?

More than I care to count... @OP please; in future try to use the search button, it's a very valuable tool and it's always better to contribute to an existing thread rather than make a new one :lol:

My favourites are the Honda S2000, Mazda MX5 (Miata), Mazda Efini FD and the TOM'S Toyota Chaser.

Any RWD car that has a long enough wheelbase and enough power (I don't know how people can drift Kei cars, although it is cool), you can drift it. I personally like cars that are a lot less common than what you see in a typical drift lobby. These cars include the RUF BTR '86 and the Peugeot 908 LMP (when I'm bored). I don't like cars that I see everywhere like Supras, RX-7s, Silvias, etc, although I have no problem with people that like using them.

When you have a DS3 you can drift anything, ANYTHING.

I'm really appreciating the stability and responsiveness of the standard TVR Tuscan Speed 6 and plan to see if my settings work just as well on a premium version.

I know my choice of car is not the greatest, but if you spend time in it you can make it a really stable car. I use the BMW Z4 M Coupe and it is what I am known for. Any car can be good as long as you stick with it. Anyone can drift a RX7, 350Z, etc., but the people that really impress me are ones in the not so obvious choices. Things like the Mach 1 (Ono), Chaser (Shiro), and some others. Do not be afraid to try different cars out. Find something you are comfortable in, not what someone tells you to drive. Go out and explore, find something you like and fine tune it. If you would like tuning help let me know as I do not mind helping others.

MadCyclist
I'm really appreciating the stability and responsiveness of the standard TVR Tuscan Speed 6 and plan to see if my settings work just as well on a premium version.

The premium is a great car too.

Took minor tuning adjustment to get the same type of flow but the standard seems to be just a little bit faster. Not that I want it to be, I just find it interesting. Premium is definitely easier to get.

I LOVE it. It's insane. The torque is immense, it's grip is comparable to a 350Z... It's pretty much perfect :)

I think the best car is the standard 200sx (s14) ! It handles like a beast, in a tandem you can allways keep up because of it's power, it's just an amazing car !

You may not think this but the Merc '54 300SL Coupe or 'Gullwing' for short handles like an absolute dream on the track and you look like an absolute boss drifting it

I've been enjoying anything that is a lower-end mercedes benz. some of the standards can get jacked up and become a fun day-long project to tune.

You may not think this but the Merc '54 300SL Coupe or 'Gullwing' for short handles like an absolute dream on the track and you look like an absolute boss drifting it

I have a matte pink one, it really is amazing, I even got around 26K on Tsukuba with it!

Just a few that I use:
Bmw M3
Bmw M5
Bmw Z4
Toyota Supra Rz
Toyota Chaser
Toyota 86
Mazda Rx-7 spirit Type R
Mazda Rx-8
Nissan Slivia S13
Nissan Slivia S14
Nissan Silvia S15
Nissan 350z
Nissan 370z
Nissan 200sx (S14)
Mustang gt
Dodge Viper Srt 10
Corvette Zr1
a few more... I have like 30 :P
.. Its all on preference and tune thoo..

Back