Good Drift Setups for 4WD cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaxBoost925
  • 17 comments
  • 1,093 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
7
So, I bought the BLITZ D1 Skyline drift car. I tried to make a good drift setup by changing the LSD to 50-60, Set the Driving aids to let me spin my tires and get some oversteer in, and set the suspension lower/harder.

I can't drift the damn thing. It doesn't get enough oversteer and when I do get some power-sliding in, when I counter-steer, I spin around in circles never being able to get a real "drift" going :crazy:

I also have a Skyline V-SPEC II N1 and a Tacoma X-Runner (It's a great truck!)

I need to get drifting!

P.S. Can someone tell me how to get the Trueno GT-APEX S.S. (With the carbon hood)?

THANKS! 👍
 
Dunno about the settings but the trueno can be bought from used car lot the `80`s lot
 
ACtually, the SS Trueno is found in the newest used car lot (number 2 I Think). It's there, just keep playing and keep checking back. It goes for around 26k, so have money.
 
rsmithdrift
Erm......the Blitz D1 Skyline is an FR.

Yeah, I was about to say--the ER34 is FR drivetrain. It's basically GT-S R34 with Blitz parts on it.
 
Actually, it's a GT-T R34, GTS is R32/33 2 litre non-turbo models.
 
MaxBoost, there's a thing near the top of the drift forums (a sticky) that's called the Drift Settings Depot. Read the first post, and you can get a request for settings there. Or, check it there already are settings there.
 
I didn't really check to see if the BLITZ R34 was an FR, so I assumed it was a 4WD. My bad. :yuck:
 
Settings Depot?
 
Yes settings depot. It's really helpful and has many car set-ups that work really well. Some cars you can even find more than one set-up for that car. Check it out, it will really help. Still can't believe Swift hasn't got to this thread yet but in time it will happen.
 
http://lsdrift.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=497

That should help...

Also, you need to be more aware of what drivetrain you are using when drifting... The techniques used in FR and AWD are quite different, so it pays to be aware of the differences... If you need help, drop me a line...





;)
 
Yeah, get good settings, then PRACTICE!.

Take note of my signature.

-Pete
 
as the saying goes... "look with your eyes and not your mouth."
 
Ignorence is all i can say :)... Swift i think its time for a "Shut down"
 
you guys are so harsh!!!!!







but i find it quite amusing
 
venomGT4
you guys are so harsh!!!!!


but i find it quite amusing

Actually, I found them to be quite forgiving considering the level of ignorance and errors made by the person that started the thread.

But anyway, yep. Help has been given and we have a specific thread for settings for cars so....

attachment.php
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back