Good news for Fanatec owners!!!

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 14 comments
United States
Bozeman
djespeed
djespeed
Just saw this (and this) and thought that you guys should know.

From their facebook post...
Fanatec products on Xbox One

Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.
Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.
Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.
Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”

http://www.Fanatec.com
https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec
@Fanatec

So you will soon able to enjoy the greatness of Xbox One and Forza 5 without having to ditch your Fanatec wheel! :D

Edit: Added the contents of their FB post, which should've been in this post to begin with.

Last edited:
Sick I got my pre order email a few weeks ago and was hoping they would be announcing which console would be supported. This is great but now so I spend the money on the new wheel or get what ever they are talking about being able to use our old wheels.

I am throughly confused, when they say this wheel base do I have to dismantle my CSR and take the wheel off and put it on a new motor??? Also, this part of the thread: "Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need." Is that an Xbone update?

^I think it might be a possibility. However I believe they mean the CSW V1/2.

I don't understand! I have the Fanatec CSR ELITE (Forza) wheel. It is not currently being supported by the Xbone! How will it become compatible :/ ?

I don't understand! I have the Fanatec CSR ELITE (Forza) wheel. It is not currently being supported by the Xbone! How will it become compatible :/ ?
It's either a 400 dollar steering wheel that you can click on your CSW (that has that bloody security chip in it), or a 400+ wheel base (without the wheel). Us CSR owners can go screw ourselves.

I don't call this a 'solution' at all but another rip off.

Still waiting and seeing here. May pass up on a wheel from them, to be honest. I've got my sights set on one of those sick Thrustmaster 458 wheels... One of these days, maybe.

Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One.
This isn't clear. My CURRENT FANATEC WHEEL is a CSR and it's WHEEL BASE and WHEEL are all one unit. Sooooo, is this so called "Fanatec wheel base" just bad wording and it's actually some kind of dongle or am I still out in the cold?

They should have made the statement much clearer like the following statement:
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One.

.... whoa, didn't realize the date. Yeah, I'm out in the cold. Fanatec released a wheel base that has interchangeable wheel rims.

Last edited:
I checked that out a few days ago and apparently it only applies to the new club sport wheel base and rims that support xbone which apparently do not yet exist.

For those of us that have one of the wheels Forza recommended for FM4 or FM3 we are just out of luck. I have a Turbo S and a CSR Elite. I was really hoping they would do something to make those work with the XBone but if not then I will not be buying a Fanatec product in the future. My CSR Elite was less than a year old when they said it would not work with XBOne, they said they would try to create an adapter for these older wheels but that seems to have been nothing more than smoke so .. they can keep their new line as I am not going to be laying out close to $1000 just to get XBOne support.

With the PCars announcing support for the CSR and Elite on the PS4, I'm sure Turn10's hand will be forced to add support for Forza. Whether it's the current or FM6 (most likely), who knows.

I think that if SMS can enable support for Fanatec wheels on PS4, the blame is laying with MS for obstructing what could be the same solution. It doesn't make sense that it would work on one console but not the other, and it's a decision of the wheel manufacturer. Sony has always hinted at the possibility, but MS didn't say a word apart from 'not compatible so far'.

With the PCars announcing support for the CSR and Elite on the PS4, I'm sure Turn10's hand will be forced to add support for Forza. Whether it's the current or FM6 (most likely), who knows.
I don't think Turn10 has any part in it. It is the hardware that doesn't support the Fanatec wheel. A couple of my Forza buddies bought an XB1 anyway even though they had a Fanatec wheel that would not work on it. I can't bring myself to do so. The console is expensive enough without forcing us to buy additional hardware when we already have hardware that they should have made compatible.

I'll miss playing Forza but I am not going to buy yet another wheel just for that game nor will I buy an XBone until/unless it supports other wheels. At least it looks like the PS4 will support them and GT7 will likely support them as well and of course they work great on my PC.

I don't think Turn10 has any part in it. It is the hardware that doesn't support the Fanatec wheel. A couple of my Forza buddies bought an XB1 anyway even though they had a Fanatec wheel that would not work on it. I can't bring myself to do so. The console is expensive enough without forcing us to buy additional hardware when we already have hardware that they should have made compatible.

I'll miss playing Forza but I am not going to buy yet another wheel just for that game nor will I buy an XBone until/unless it supports other wheels. At least it looks like the PS4 will support them and GT7 will likely support them as well and of course they work great on my PC.
True. True.

Fanatec somehow finally got an SDK from Sony to write drivers for the CSR and Elite. Whatever it was, I hope they can pull the same thing with MS so developers (Turn10 too) can start adding the support. It's really weird though how Thrustmaster got an exclusive deal with BOTH Sony and MS.

Back