Good seat suggestions - New to the sim world!

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

With GT7 fast approaching I am looking to purchase the Fanatec GT DD Pro with the upgraded pedals and the upgraded boost kit.

So while I know what I want with the wheel and pedals as I have been keeping tabs on them for 8 years (only finally in a financial position to actually buy one, with the spare space)

I have never thought to look into seats and what makes a good seat, and looking around I kinda feel a bit overwhelmed in the amount of options to choose from.

Would anyone be able to recommend a good seat that will be comfortable for long sessions, and can mount the wheel and pedals to the seat / rig like an all in one setup, but most importantly, one that is sturdy and will not kind of bend with the force feedback, or move the pedals about with use.

I will be looking to go into PC racing later down the line if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Just remember that whichever setup you go for you not only have to get in it but most important is that you have to get out of it. So don't get one low to floor, one low to floor is kinda like getting out of a MG Midget the older you get the harder it gets.

Your budget for rig/seat is important to figure out first.

I recently bought a Sim-Lab P1X with a Sim-Lab Speed 3 seat and it is as sturdy and comfortable as they come. But it cost about 1200€ including the monitor mount. I bought it with the future/long-term in mind. It's more rig than I currently need with my current wheel but I also know that I'll eventually upgrade to a direct drive wheel and the rig should last a lifetime.

Just posted this in a similar thread. I see you're in the UK, so shipping costs may play a factor. I think the Sim Labs GT1-EVO is similar to the TR80.

I have the CSL Elite wheel and pedals also and went with the Trak Racer TR80 because of availability and the fact that they are located here in the states. The rig is very solid and you can adjust it to fit everyone no matter what size. The pedal and wheel plates are made of steel so no flex there and are predrilled to accept most popular wheels. If you have a load cell brake (which you should if you don't btw :)) this is important. I found a 2011 Mustang bucket seat in a local savage yard and mounted that, very comfortable for hours of racing. You can't do much better than an 8020 rig for the money. I believe also that Trak Racer are developing a motion simulator that will attach to their rigs.

Trak Raver TR80.jpg

Latest Posts

Back