Good tires for a Mazda3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lt.Doomsday
  • 1 comments
  • 786 views
Messages
317
Sister has a 06' Madza 3. It's an alright car{ Only mods to it is just a K&N Filter and I just move the car from one side of the driveway to the other}, i've never really taken it on a long drive so I don't know how it handles.

The stock 195/65-15 Toyo A18 tires even after a rotating are shot and only after 14,000 miles. I've been looking around for some nice tires for her.

I was actually considering ordering these for her:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE960AS+Pole+Position&partnum=965HR5RE960PP&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=21&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&minSpeedRating=H

But, I would like some feedback from other Madza 3 Drivers on what is a good all-year round tire for these cars?
 
It's hard to say. In general, stock tires are not too hard to improve upon. Auto manufacturers usually go with a cheap tire as a way of reducing the cost by a couple hundred bucks. The stock tires on my 3 were Goodyear Eagle 205/50VR-17s. They were okay, but the Pirellis I have on there now are a vast improvement. The last car I drove regularly was a '96 626, with Bridgestone rubber (not Potenzas). They were very solid tires, while being comfortable and quiet at the same time. In my experience, you can't really go wrong with Bridgestone, Michelin, or Pirelli.
 
Back