Good used car

  • Thread starter Thread starter logi74
  • 41 comments
  • 1,406 views
Gil
A good 510 with a $10,000 budget.
I'm 42 and I go for that one over the Acura.
Imagine an old 300ZX engine or an SR20 in the 510.
Hell, the stock 1.6 on a re-build with some tweaks would be suitable for a 16 year old.
Sounds great...if I only could actually drive myself alone...and 200 miles for that 510... :indiff:
 
The Acura might be more reliable if you buy one that's not been modded.
But they are almost as rare as a good 510.
For pure "cool factor" the 510 get the nod.
 
200 miles for a 510 isnt too bad. Will take you about 2 and a half hours sticking to speed limits.
 
May I suggest a Volvo 240? They are reliable, safe, good in snow (if that matters to you) and rear wheel drive. My uncle put 200K miles on his '92 before he really had to fix anything. They are also cheap as hell. Anywhere from $500 to $5,000
 
Young_Warrior
200 miles for a 510 isnt too bad. Will take you about 2 and a half hours sticking to speed limits.
You need to do your maths.

200miles/60mph is over 3 hours.
200miles/70mph is just under 3 hours. (about 2hr45mins)

And I doub the whole journey will be at maximum speed. It's a hell of a journey for a first car.
 
ExigeExcel
You need to do your maths.

200miles/60mph is over 3 hours.
200miles/70mph is just under 3 hours. (about 2hr45mins)

And I doub the whole journey will be at maximum speed. It's a hell of a journey for a first car.

I think the speed limit in america is 90mph.
 
I love driving in germany without the bull**** laws which are outdated for cars of todays standards.
 
Young_Warrior
I think the speed limit in america is 90mph.
if only :dopey: haha
yeah, i know what you mean about not wanting to go 100+ mph on the highway, its just boring and wasteful.
honestly, for a 510 i would drive all day. <8- ) take a greyhound or something.
step 1) set the cruise control
step 2) take a nap
step 3) hit the rumble strip and wake up
step 4) adjust the steering wheel and repeat :sly:
but yeah, just get some cheap P.O.S. like a geo storm or something to putt around in until you have some miles under your belt. i am doing that with my honda civic lol.
 
You can only go 90 on the freeway if you live in Michigan, if you don't go at least 90 in the right lane, and about 110 in the left lane you will get ran down. And about 80% of drivers I see have fuzz busters so they can do 120-140 on the freeway. But thats just Michigan.

I still say you should just buy a Honda Civic.
 
:lol::lol:

EDIT: Sorry, I thought the Civic is a "anti-radar" measure :lol: I'm so dumm (sp?)
 
Back