Good Xbox 360 Wheel

• Thread starter alvin23a
  • 15 comments
Australia
New South Wales
alvin23a
ICIY BOYS
Hi I'm looking for a cheap Xbox 360 wheel. I can't afford a fanictic and don't really want to buy one use. Your help will be appericated. Thanks.

Your options are limited.

http://www.google.com/search?q=XBOX..._gc.r_pw.&fp=a3885c2557a5727d&biw=981&bih=661

Mad Catz and the wireless "Speed" wheel. I do not have first hand experience with either.

You can also wait and see what Mad Catz launches their new wheel at.

But I will suggest that you save up for a Fanatec. I am restricted to using a wheel on PS3 because I only have a DFGT. I wish I would have shelled out the extra cash to purchase the cross platform GT2 to begin with.

honestly i wouldnt waste my money on any of those wheels...keep playing with the controller and save up for a GT2....its money well spent i love mine.

I wish they would allow the logitec wheels... :(

They do allow them. In fact, there is a logitech wheel (DriveFX) that works with the Xbox 360. However, Logitech needs to make their G series wheel compatible with the Xbox, and they have chosen not to.

alvin23a

I'll sell you my Microsoft Wireless racing wheel for the xbox 360. Works fine, but I'm in the process of buying the Fanatec GT2 wheel. It comes with force feedback wheel and gas/brake pedals.
I play mostly Forza 3 with this wheel. I've not used a Fanatec wheel yet, but from what I understand from the reviews it is a significantly better wheel.
Let me know if you are interested in the "cheap" solution.

IceZ
Do you have the clubsport pedals or the standard Fanatec pedals? I'm debating on whether the clubsports are worth the extra money?

Clubsports are def worth the money, i cant comment on the standard fanatec pedals tho. I just responded to your PM as well.

I was pondering the same question as the OP. Instead, I opted to save up for the GT2. I did, and I just got the tracking numbers, and it'll be here Monday. I'm so excited to play Forza on a wheel. I was far too anxious to wait and save for the CSP, so I got the standard pedals. I expect the same experience with as the DFGT pedals, apart from having an extra pedal.

In my opinion if you're really itching to get off of the controller, just get an Xbox 360 wheel off Ebay, then save for something fancy like the GT2 or the upcoming CSRs. It's better than nothing. :)

IceZ
Do you have the clubsport pedals or the standard Fanatec pedals? I'm debating on whether the clubsports are worth the extra money?

Clubsport all the way man. I would imagine that the standard pedals are about the same or a little better than logitech pedals. The Clubsport pedals blow the logitech's out the water, completely. No contest. And I mean NO contest. I'm talking Mike Tyson versus an infant no contest. lol. I own both a Logi G27 and the Fanatec setup so I speak from experience.

Clubsport all the way man. I would imagine that the standard pedals are about the same or a little better than logitech pedals. The Clubsport pedals blow the logitech's out the water, completely. No contest. And I mean NO contest. I'm talking Mike Tyson versus an infant no contest. lol. I own both a Logi G27 and the Fanatec setup so I speak from experience.

haha poor infant. But yes Clubsports are the way to go.

Hey is there any way to get a G27 to work on a 360 I heard of the Xcd( something like that?). but it doesn't have forcefeed back is what I heard.

Hey is there any way to get a G27 to work on a 360 I heard of the Xcd( something like that?). but it doesn't have forcefeed back is what I heard.
You can find them on ebay. Here is everything you need to know about it.

How bad is the standard Microsoft wheel?
Its not too bad for the price if you can get a cheap one from ebay. You can probably get one for around $60-$70 US. The wheel does have Force Feedback but its kind of weak as compared to the DFGT (PS3) which I also have. The brake pedal will definitely need a sponge or something under it to stiffen it up since there isnt much resistance. Its not a bad wheel if you dont want to spend the money for a Fanatec. Its definitely better than using a controller. Ive had mine since the release of Forza 2. I am however highly considering a GT2 or CSR for Forza 4.

Back