Goodbye Gran Turismo

  • Thread starter Thread starter rudi555
  • 10 comments
  • 1,571 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
89
Messages
rudi555mustang
All my life I played Gran Turismo. In fact it was my ever first game ever, the first Gran Turismo. I still remember going to my uncle's house on purpose just to play GT3. In my birthday in 2005 I reiceved GT4 and I love it! Best game ever.
Then I realized that I was a GT fan. When my dad went to Italy he bought me GT Tokio-Geneva Concept and GT4 Prologue. Then GTPSP came out, I bought it on the release date, but it was the collectors edition. Then I pre-ordered GT5 Signature Edition and got it one day after the release at midnight. Went home and played till one AM. And you know what? Wasn't much of a thing, I mean I got 11 cars for free but for what? just some decals and a little tuning, big deal, nothing exclusive like cars that the normal GT5 doesn't have. In the old days, Isamu Ohira (you probably don't know him but he has the guy that created all GT's menu songs, like in the garage or GTauto or in Simulation Mode) did the menu songs, but now? I mean have you ever heard the GT5 GTauto song? What the hell. In the old days there were some cars where you simply couln't buy them, they were priceless, only if you win something, now on GT5 you can buy everything, and that's not good because for example: in the Sebastien Vettel X Challenge I tooked more than a week trying to do everything BRONZE!!! and after I won it, thanks to my effords I won a Red Bull X2010. Good. After a week I won a B-spec race and pass to level 35. Prize? A Red Bull X2010. Bad. Now I have 2 X2010 and for what, if I sell one I don't even reiceve any money with it. I'm more than dissapointed with GT5. Why the hell I want an premium Isuzu? And a concept...but a premium Bugatti? No one wants that right? :dunce:
You have a 1000 cars? Wrong. There are more that 20 japanese cars repeated of just one model, and why do we need a BMW M5 '05 and a BMW M5 '08, same car people!!! Wake up. I'm tired of going to GTplanet's Feedback and the BMW E30 still uncompleted.
Just for curiosity I went to Youtube and putted FM3 all cars, ok?
I felt in love with the game, cause its better in everything, I dont care what you guys think. See it for yourselves, go see FM4 E3 trailer, then tell me something. And this ain't easy for me cause I HATE xbox, i still dont see the point to buy one, honestly. I simply DONT CARE if this thread is closed, I just want to tell Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi (if you have is contact please send the link of this thread to him, appreciate) that he just not lost a custommer but also a fan, and belive it or not, it's not every day where a game loses a fan. My name is Rudi Costa, I'm portuguese(with pride), I may be only 16 but I know pretty well what I want. Don't judge me for my age. Next week I'm buying a 360 slim and Forza Motorsport 3. It was nice to be a GT fan, but it's time to grow up. Goodbye Gran Turismo...
 
:lol: Okay then, tell you what. if your hate leads you to ditch a franchise for good it must be strong. Enjoy what other games you play.
 
All my life I played Gran Turismo. In fact it was my ever first game ever, the first Gran Turismo. I still remember going to my uncle's house on purpose just to play GT3. In my birthday in 2005 I reiceved GT4 and I love it! Best game ever.
Then I realized that I was a GT fan. When my dad went to Italy he bought me GT Tokio-Geneva Concept and GT4 Prologue. Then GTPSP came out, I bought it on the release date, but it was the collectors edition. Then I pre-ordered GT5 Signature Edition and got it one day after the release at midnight. Went home and played till one AM. And you know what? Wasn't much of a thing, I mean I got 11 cars for free but for what? just some decals and a little tuning, big deal, nothing exclusive like cars that the normal GT5 doesn't have. In the old days, Isamu Ohira (you probably don't know him but he has the guy that created all GT's menu songs, like in the garage or GTauto or in Simulation Mode) did the menu songs, but now? I mean have you ever heard the GT5 GTauto song? What the hell. In the old days there were some cars where you simply couln't buy them, they were priceless, only if you win something, now on GT5 you can buy everything, and that's not good because for example: in the Sebastien Vettel X Challenge I tooked more than a week trying to do everything BRONZE!!! and after I won it, thanks to my effords I won a Red Bull X2010. Good. After a week I won a B-spec race and pass to level 35. Prize? A Red Bull X2010. Bad. Now I have 2 X2010 and for what, if I sell one I don't even reiceve any money with it. I'm more than dissapointed with GT5. Why the hell I want an premium Isuzu? And a concept...but a premium Bugatti? No one wants that right? :dunce:
You have a 1000 cars? Wrong. There are more that 20 japanese cars repeated of just one model, and why do we need a BMW M5 '05 and a BMW M5 '08, same car people!!! Wake up. I'm tired of going to GTplanet's Feedback and the BMW E30 still uncompleted.
Just for curiosity I went to Youtube and putted FM3 all cars, ok?
I felt in love with the game, cause its better in everything, I dont care what you guys think. See it for yourselves, go see FM4 E3 trailer, then tell me something. And this ain't easy for me cause I HATE xbox, i still dont see the point to buy one, honestly. I simply DONT CARE if this thread is closed, I just want to tell Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi (if you have is contact please send the link of this thread to him, appreciate) that he just not lost a custommer but also a fan, and belive it or not, it's not every day where a game loses a fan. My name is Rudi Costa, I'm portuguese(with pride), I may be only 16 but I know pretty well what I want. Don't judge me for my age. Next week I'm buying a 360 slim and Forza Motorsport 3. It was nice to be a GT fan, but it's time to grow up. Goodbye Gran Turismo...

Bye.
 
sad to see u fustrated with gt5.i'm tryin to hang in there with a lil hope of a big update.but i'm 100% with ya on getting fm4 it might be the next gen of sims as much as i hate to say it
 
gt5 better than forza
 
I see a lot of these threads, but I have yet to understand the goal that the author would have in mind while writing them. Good bye 👍.
 
He makes some valid points.
 
gt5 is going to be better than forza 4!
bye!
 
Mr. Costa, millions of us share your frustrations, but I must say, despite the major shortcomings this game has, it is still a fantastic "Virtual" driving simulator / Video game. I too never had an Xbox, but I have an open mind to try out FM4, I never played them before. I have also my horizon set to play Diablo3 on PC when it FINALLY comes out within 6 months from today. There are many great games that will allow us to wean off of this GT5 addiction most of us have. This game is love/hate, we are passionate about its faults, because we really enjoy the game for its potential. We have to understand the mindset and culture behind the creator(s) of this game company, they are private and probably will never share with us ideas on how to improve. This is the real pitfall to this game, I agree. even if you stay to play, as you say 'bye', you are forgiven :) I too have left some of the best games I have enjoyed in the past, due to measures I felt were very important that needed to be addressed by the game developer. If they continue to ignore, well, GT5 may have the same fate for many many more.
 
Locked before the spam gets any deeper...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back