Goodwood Hill Climb fun times

  • Thread starter Thread starter owen_legend
  • 15 comments
  • 1,464 views
Messages
42
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Messages
owen_legend
So just unlocked the final set of hill climb events, and just started up 5-3... OMG

WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY?! haha

Literally I'd heard it was quick but wow, I've managed a 32 second run so just trying to get that gold, any tips for it?

Other than launching in second, i'm doing that.
 
What vehicle is 5-3?

I've not been able to play yet :(
 
Launch in 3rd with no traction control (i think thats what I did). Turn the steering sensitivity way up and try and half throttle around the first couple of corners if need be.
 
My favorite events in the game so far. Hopefully we'll see Goodwood in the seasonal challenges.

I use a G27 wheel, turn TCS to 1. Got gold after just a few tries.
 
This is how I do it, might not be helpful but

3rd gear start, light brake and down to 4th for 1st corner and a light lift for 2nd corner (though it is possible to take it flat out with a perfect line). Brake earlier than you might expect for 3rd corner/section, you want to get back on the throttle and power through as soon as possible, if you late brake you will lose loads of time at the exit of the corner.

The 4th corner/section (between the wall) I take in 6th with a light lift to get the turn in but I'd advise it in 5th with a light brake, this is probably not easy with a gamepad as you only have a light turn to the right before a harder turn to the left to correct so that you don't hit the wall, but overcorrect and the car will drive straight into the left side wall. A light brake into 4th gear for the 5th corner, taken properly you will be near the top of the rev range in 4th, so almost immediate gear up to 5th, being careful not to oversteer into the right wall and flat out to the finish.

I was running low-mid 24 second times, but with a wheel. The above probably isn't much help to you though because the problem is actually pulling it off, its such ridiculous car. I love Goodwood though, awesome fun!
 
It is a nightmare of a car to try and control first time racing it (luckily I've had hours upon hours of driving it in GT5) but once you get used to the feel of it you'll be able to control it quite easily, the biggest problem I found with this challenge was the fact that once the car is on the track there isn't much track left on either side so you have to be very accurate!

The way I did it was I actually put the gear changes on automatic so I could just concentrate on getting the beast round the corners and then I went around the track a few times slowly to get a feel for how the car reacts to the track and then gradually started pushing the car more and more to see what speeds I could get away with going round the corners. Admittedly doing it this way took a few tries but if you've got a bit of time to spare and are patient then you can quite easily obtain the gold for this!

Hope this helps!

Oh and I used the DualShock 3 controller for this as well!
 
Drove it in cockpit view and the first run I thought someone must have turned on fast fwd. It was insane and ended in the hedges on the outside of turn 3. How I managed the first two I couldn't remember as they flew past faster than I could comprehend. :D
 
So i've been having a few more go's since I got home from work, but still struggling lol
As mentioned, there are 2 issues; 1. Overcorrection, makes the 3rd and 4th corners a problem
and 2. narrow track - touch the grass and see ya!

Best time is still around low 32, so i'm getting there

EDIT: Just did it with a 30.717 :D
 
Last edited:
I knew you'd get there eventually :D just needed a bit of practice :D That's the great thing about racing games, the more you do a track the more it becomes second nature to you :D
 
I unlocked it earlier today, and tried it using my DS3 as per normal. No joy. Hope I mange it tomorrow. The X1 sounds alive, literally.
 
I knew you'd get there eventually :D just needed a bit of practice :D That's the great thing about racing games, the more you do a track the more it becomes second nature to you :D
Haha took plenty of tries but got there!
Tbh, it was probably more luck haha - however it is true in the sense that I knew the track, most of the corners were awful but I nailed the 3rd, which really cut the time down

The challenge time isn't hard, keeping the car on the track is the hard bit lol

Oh and I'm playing DS3
 
I tried for an hour and 20 minutes on a DS3 before I got gold. Managed to gold all the other hillclimbs in the first try
 
I'm loving the sound of it in GT6 and I really love the Goodwood challenges so I really hope we'll see some more in future updates or seasonals.

I'm stuck with a bronze trophy for that event unfortunately, we'll both just have to keep trying :(
 
What does it take to open Goodwood in the test track area?
 
What does it take to open Goodwood in the test track area?
In practice/time trail mode? I think it should be unlocked as soon as the event itself is, but I'm not sure.
 
Back