- 15
- GonnaBeeAlrite
So a few days ago, I recently backed up my progress onto my trusty jump drive. After doing so, I turned my PS3 off, and some days went by. I started everything up as normal yesterday (NO, I don't want to sign in for the 100th time in a row!) I was surprised to find a few million in my bank, and some missing cars.
After thinking through it, I figured that my last save didn't work, and that the game picked me up at my last save before that.
At first I was pissed, but then I started figuring what I was missing:
Since my last save, I had about 12M. I had bought a FGT, and the elusive Speed 8, and started getting Bob up to speed (about level 15 or so). I thought, "crap! I have to do all that over again!" Then I cooled off and thought a little more. "Well I didn't really care for the FGT that much, and the Speed 8 was over rated (I had driven them both quite a bit before my latest back-up that didn't work). So, now, I recon that I was actually done a favor. I got to test drive these 2 cars fairly extensively, didn't like them very much, and got my money back. FGTs are always available on the OCD, and they might have something interesting when PSN is back up.
So I ask this:
Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm pretty sure I saved my data correctly onto my jump drive. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary when I did my last save. Just weird. Other than the usual "overwrite ok?" I don't remember anything unusual.
After thinking through it, I figured that my last save didn't work, and that the game picked me up at my last save before that.
At first I was pissed, but then I started figuring what I was missing:
Since my last save, I had about 12M. I had bought a FGT, and the elusive Speed 8, and started getting Bob up to speed (about level 15 or so). I thought, "crap! I have to do all that over again!" Then I cooled off and thought a little more. "Well I didn't really care for the FGT that much, and the Speed 8 was over rated (I had driven them both quite a bit before my latest back-up that didn't work). So, now, I recon that I was actually done a favor. I got to test drive these 2 cars fairly extensively, didn't like them very much, and got my money back. FGTs are always available on the OCD, and they might have something interesting when PSN is back up.
So I ask this:
Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm pretty sure I saved my data correctly onto my jump drive. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary when I did my last save. Just weird. Other than the usual "overwrite ok?" I don't remember anything unusual.