Got a problem here…

United Kingdom
England
IN5AN3 DR1FT
So here's my problem, I loaded up gt6 just now and it's coming up with an error every time I try to play it. The error says the data loaded was invalid. Any idea what to do? I don't want to have to start again as I'm quite far into gt6 now.

How do I back-up my game data? Could someone provide me with step-by-step instructions? I don't play ANY other PS3 games and I don't know my ass from my elbow where Game Data is or whatever. Do I backup to thumb drive or just to a different folder on the PS3? Any help would be appreciated. I certainly don't want to load GT6 one day and find out my data files are corrupt and I have to start over... Ugh! I would be so upset. :-(

How do I back-up my game data? Could someone provide me with step-by-step instructions? I don't play ANY other PS3 games and I don't know my ass from my elbow where Game Data is or whatever. Do I backup to thumb drive or just to a different folder on the PS3? Any help would be appreciated. I certainly don't want to load GT6 one day and find out my data files are corrupt and I have to start over... Ugh! I would be so upset. :-(
Under the 'game' menu on the XMB press the up arrow until you see the "Save Data Utility (PS3)"; press X on that option then press triangle on the GT6 save data. Then 'copy to USB' or external device (can't remember the exact phraseology...).

Do this fairly regularly and you'll be fine incase things go pop in the night

EDIT: sorry for the double post... just hit reply :S

Well it was downloading nicely and now another error. It says error during install operation 8003051e. Any idea what this means.

Under the 'game' menu on the XMB press the up arrow until you see the "Save Data Utility (PS3)"; press X on that option then press triangle on the GT6 save data. Then 'copy to USB' or external device (can't remember the exact phraseology...).

An important addition to that, that could just save one's a$$. Take that USB stick and copy and paste that backup file to your PC or other device. Reason is, if you continue to use the USB to back up, each new successive backup overwrites the old one and it's gone. If your new backup happens to be corrupted, you won't know until you need to use it and if it's your only back up, you're up the creek without a paddle. I back up every second or third time I play and after every update and any time I tune cars just to be safe. You'll have to change the name of the file on your PC to make each backup a unique filename, but if you need to use them to reload your saved data, you have to change the filename back to the original name.

Thank you for the information. I will do this as soon as I get home. Thank you!

It's terminal now, got to 22% then it froze with error 8003051a. I think I've lost everything on my hard drive.

Last edited:
Back