Got Forza today

• Thread starter GJB93
  • 14 comments
I got this game today. Only a tenner. I chose europe as my starting point and decided to by a TT. Good enough car. Used it for the first few races and won them easily. I won the sprinter and then I sold it. I then bought an evo VIII GSR and put the colours of the Irish flag on it :sly: I then put Ireland in Irish on the top of the car. I'll post some pics if I can. Thats all I've done so far. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Wow what a coincidence, I just got this game on Friday! :) Pretty good so far, although sometimes it lags a little and I don't like the racing line option (GT one is so much easier to follow).
Some nice cars though; I'm about finished amateur and point to point (level 22 I think).

I like the way you can get discounts on brakes and turbos and all that. Thats something I've always wanted on GT. I also secured a relationship with Acura and got a free NSX :sly:

Where has this game been all my life? I am loving it. I am more excited about it than my GT series right now! I love the realistic crash damage which affects your cars ability to win more than anything else about it. This element adds a whole new dimension to racing.:scared: :crazy: 👍

I love this game and just when I got going in playing it, the hard drive in the X-box goes out. :crazy:
Talk about being ticked off. :ouch: :guilty:

Now I'll have to modify the x-box for an external harddrive or just get another to continue playing all my games on the Xbox.
Errrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Misnblu

I got the game the Monday past. I like the game actually, after the first initial..."what the hell?!"

However I do wonder about one minor thing that seems to be happening to me a lot. Is it me, or is the braking button extremely *sensitive*?! I seem to be locking up most of the places, even when i've been rather careful with the applications of the brake button...

Oh yeah, Blue Mountain is a good track. Pity it makes me turn the air blue with the amount of frustration I get playing that particular track!

Anyone got their loves and hates with the game after buying it?

However I do wonder about one minor thing that seems to be happening to me a lot. Is it me, or is the braking button extremely *sensitive*?! I seem to be locking up most of the places, even when i've been rather careful with the applications of the brake button...

Quite agree, while it is great that Forza does allow you to turn the ABS right off its marred by the fact that its both hard to 'feel' the limit of braking with an X-box controller and that the point of lock-up is too low (particularly at higher speeds).

A few other 'issues' I have with Forza is the poor recreation of FWD cars, the lack of lower powered cars (which can be just as much fun as the high HP Americana that Fora has) and the totally nasty AI, which is more psychotic than any other AI I have come across. Aggressive is one thing, but these guys just try and drive you off the road at times.

On the plus side we get some quite nice tracks (apart from the far too wide 'ring) and of course Ferrari and Porsche.

Regards

Scaff

Regards

Scaff

You can adjust anything in the entire game so if the brakes are too sensitive on your car simply adjust the brake pressure to the left. If you want them more sensitive adjust to the right. :)

You can adjust anything in the entire game so if the brakes are too sensitive on your car simply adjust the brake pressure to the left. If you want them more sensitive adjust to the right. :)

Oh? Forgive me if i sound really ignorant (still finding things out about the game..) but i would have assumed to do that, you needed to upgrade the brakes to have that feature? In the career mode of the game? Or is that a standard feature in the "Options" screen?

Well, if that is possible, it would certainly help reduce the amounts of skid marks I leave behind while racing! It's almost ridiculous the amounts of skids marks that are mine on the tracks. I'm not talking about the extreme "whoa, CORNER!!! Brake!" moments. More of.."There's a corner....braking now....*SCREECH!*...Oooops, that was a bit too hard!" while i'm still about 50 ft from the actual corner.

I presume that Forza developers wanted to make everything really realistic as possible, so that you, as a driver of the game, will have to estimate braking distances, the lines to take around the corner and such like? Some courses are really quite difficult to find the racing line on. Silverstone is one, towards the Luffield complex (i believe). Always lose my way there.

The A.I of the game does seems to be a bit...bashy-bashy at times.:(

Submerged

Oh? Forgive me if i sound really ignorant (still finding things out about the game..) but i would have assumed to do that, you needed to upgrade the brakes to have that feature? In the career mode of the game? Or is that a standard feature in the "Options" screen?

Well, if that is possible, it would certainly help reduce the amounts of skid marks I leave behind while racing! It's almost ridiculous the amounts of skids marks that are mine on the tracks. I'm not talking about the extreme "whoa, CORNER!!! Brake!" moments. More of.."There's a corner....braking now....*SCREECH!*...Oooops, that was a bit too hard!" while i'm still about 50 ft from the actual corner.

I presume that Forza developers wanted to make everything really realistic as possible, so that you, as a driver of the game, will have to estimate braking distances, the lines to take around the corner and such like? Some courses are really quite difficult to find the racing line on. Silverstone is one, towards the Luffield complex (i believe). Always lose my way there.

The A.I of the game does seems to be a bit...bashy-bashy at times.:(

Submerged

Oh yeah for some of the cars you HAVE to upgrade them or they completely suck. I think there is a Ferarri that simply wont stop at all unless upgraded. The buttons are also pressure sensitive so if you push them lighter it helps. Instead of just slamming the brakes.

Oh yeah for some of the cars you HAVE to upgrade them or they completely suck. I think there is a Ferarri that simply wont stop at all unless upgraded. The buttons are also pressure sensitive so if you push them lighter it helps. Instead of just slamming the brakes.

Ah, a Ferarri that won't stop? I'll keep my eye out for it in the game.

Ah, i wondered when someone was going to mention: "Instead of just slamming the brakes". Thing is, I believe that i've been pressing it too lightly...or at wrong times, cos the car does some weird things indeed.

I mean, what does it mean when you're braking, and suddenly the revs drops to 0 almost immediately? To me, it seems that the car has skidded. Or somethings gone wrong, cos the car then ususally gets *rather* difficult to control past that point.....

Plus, i can't actually use engine braking, more because I still want to have an element of control over the car itself, rather than the car doing what it thinks it should do...

Submerged.

Back