Got GT6 A Few Weeks Ago. Some Thoughts I have

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tate566
  • 4 comments
  • 820 views
Messages
39
Messages
supervegeta566
Would like to say, first off, that I rarely dive into the forums so forgive me if I've said something that has already been talked about numerous times.

Likes:
New tracks. Matterhorn is my fav and there is not one new one I dislike
Mapped Stars. Unnecessary but I'll take it.
User Interface
Elimination of used car dealership

Dislikes:
Handling of some of the cars. Not sure if its the cars specifically or just the tires. MR cars seem to be the worst offenders. Oversteer is the word of the day
No true endurance races
Shadows, shadows, shadows
Engine sounds are absolute garbage

So far I am around 50% done with GT6, with about 3 series in International B left and a few series in IA done as well. The biggest problem I have, which really showed itself in IA for me, is the handling of some of the higher tiered cars. Did the 15 minute race in Apricot Hill, in a GT race modified Corvette, and had a ton of trouble to the point my car kept spinning out doing multiple 360 degree spins at a time like it was a damn looney tunes race. After that race I did the 15 minutes at Nurburgring, my favorite track, and barely won that race by the skin of my teeth. Im scared to get anywhere near the corners and or simply clipping a small part of it. Idk if its the tires or maybe im just rusty. There was one car i was in, cant remember which, where I couldn't even break in a straight line at high speeds without my car wanting to spaz out. Mind you, I got a 100% completion in GT5 and never experienced anything like ive been experiencing so far in GT6. Really feel like this game needs a huge update just like GT5 did when it first came out. However I do like GT6 overall, and plan on putting hundreds of hours into it just like GT5, but really feel like it should have been saved for the PS4.

I still love my GT. Played it more than any other game franchise in all my years of gaming.
 
Would like to say, first off, that I rarely dive into the forums so forgive me if I've said something that has already been talked about numerous times.

Likes:
New tracks. Matterhorn is my fav and there is not one new one I dislike
Mapped Stars. Unnecessary but I'll take it.
User Interface
Elimination of used car dealership

Dislikes:
Handling of some of the cars. Not sure if its the cars specifically or just the tires. MR cars seem to be the worst offenders. Oversteer is the word of the day
No true endurance races
Shadows, shadows, shadows
Engine sounds are absolute garbage

So far I am around 50% done with GT6, with about 3 series in International B left and a few series in IA done as well. The biggest problem I have, which really showed itself in IA for me, is the handling of some of the higher tiered cars. Did the 15 minute race in Apricot Hill, in a GT race modified Corvette, and had a ton of trouble to the point my car kept spinning out doing multiple 360 degree spins at a time like it was a damn looney tunes race. After that race I did the 15 minutes at Nurburgring, my favorite track, and barely won that race by the skin of my teeth. Im scared to get anywhere near the corners and or simply clipping a small part of it. Idk if its the tires or maybe im just rusty. There was one car i was in, cant remember which, where I couldn't even break in a straight line at high speeds without my car wanting to spaz out. Mind you, I got a 100% completion in GT5 and never experienced anything like ive been experiencing so far in GT6. Really feel like this game needs a huge update just like GT5 did when it first came out. However I do like GT6 overall, and plan on putting hundreds of hours into it just like GT5, but really feel like it should have been saved for the PS4.

I still love my GT. Played it more than any other game franchise in all my years of gaming.
I DO hope you've been reading around and noticing things like camber doesn't work correctly yet, there's some question as to how far the tire model is affecting handling, and there appear to be many issues regarding use of a steering wheel setup. The look and feel of taking a car around the track in GT6 truly has improved over 5 (there, I said it, are you happy PD? A compliment for you, finally) but you have to be near spot-on with the basic idea of your tuning to get that feeling. I've also seen complaints that ride height differentials work backwards in this game, so careful of that, also. I don't generally go for a jacked up rear or anything, so I'm just relating that, not asserting it.
 
Once you get good enough in GT6, I highly suggest you stop by the Online racing tab and sign up for a few races, It will be the best fun you could possibly have in GT6, trust me.
 
Back