Got my new Bass....Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pako
  • 10 comments
  • 621 views

Pako

Staff Emeritus
Messages
16,472
United States
NW Montana
Messages
GTP-Pako
Messages
GTP Pako
Well it finally arived. It's a 7-string, Conklink groove tools, Bill Dickens signature series. I'll post some pics later, but for now here is a little sound clip straight from the bass to the board. I added a touch of reverb just to wet the track a little. Recorded at 24-bit, dithered down to 44.1khz/192kbs/5.46mb.

http://www.ez-serve.net/media/conklin_noodle.mp3
 
Hey, Pako, if you've worked your way up to 7 strings, have you ever considered getting a Stick?
stick.jpg

These things sound amazing. For a great sample of what they sound like, check out Tony Levine's playing on King Crimson's Discipline album.
👍
 
Those Sticks are awesome. What I really like about them is that they can be configured to have two 1/4" outputs, one for the lower strings and a second one for the higher strings. This way you can have one set (the guitar tone strings) going to some heavy distortion if you like, while maybe running the other output (the bass section) through another amp, perhaps having some nice chorus or something on it. The point is being able to shape your tone for the two distinct tonal range groups of the Stick.

I've never been good at tapping, but this 7-string is inspiring me to learn some two handed tapping, much like how the Sticks are played.

They are an amazing instrument, and someday I'm sure I'll end up with one to mess around with. ;)
 
Finally got some pics...

Pic 1 of 3:
 

Attachments

  • small - dsc02383.jpg
    small - dsc02383.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 52
Pic 2 of 3:
 

Attachments

  • small - dsc02377.jpg
    small - dsc02377.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 52
Pic 3 of 3:
 

Attachments

  • small - dsc02378.jpg
    small - dsc02378.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 51
Congratulations on the purchase Pako!
The 7-string bass looks awesome, by the way, may I ask how much did it cost you?

Oh - and for some reason I can't view the 3rd picture.
 
Hey...good for you bud. When('88) I use to play guitar I had a riff I would always use to "get comfortable" with a new guitar. What riff did you play when you first picked up your new purchase? Although I played guitar...you'll be happy to know that my riff was the bass line from Barney Miller. :cool:
 
Very nice, Pako, very nice.
Good luck with it.
7-strings are incredible instruments.
Pics looks great.
 
under18carbon,
Hey thanks man! I really enjoy it for sure. I found out that this bass' MFG Suggested List is $2,800, but have seen it retail for $1599.99. I picked it up for $975 delivered. It's a nice instrument, well crafted for a production bass, and feels and plays very solid! Don't know why the third image isn't coming through. Is anyone else having this problem?

Mr. Snowtire,
;) Thanks man, Barney Miller, eh? :D I actually recorded the first thing I played on this bass which is in the MP3 link found in the first post. Are you still playing?

fermy88,
I'm gonna need a little luck with this one... :) It's a chunk of wood for sure. I'm curious how 4 hours of it hanging off my neck is going to be. Although, it's surprisingly light for it's size.

:cheers:
 
under18carbon,
Hey thanks man! I really enjoy it for sure. I found out that this bass' MFG Suggested List is $2,800, but have seen it retail for $1599.99. I picked it up for $975 delivered. It's a nice instrument, well crafted for a production bass, and feels and plays very solid! Don't know why the third image isn't coming through. Is anyone else having this problem?
I can view the third picture now, might have been my PC that's been giving me problems.
$2,800 suggested retail price, and you got it for $975? Wow, great deal! Again, thanks for the price and good luck with your new bass. :)
 
Back