Got the game. Doesnt work anymore :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter evilgnome
  • 19 comments
  • 2,049 views
Messages
154
Got the game this morning after painful delays with my shipping. Was very happy to finally have it in my hands. Threw it in my PS2, watched the intro and played for 6 hours straight. Brilliant.

Go out and come back tonight. Tried to play it. Nothing. Tried booting it up for 30mins. Nothing. All I see is the browser screen. WTF!!

I have a PAL v5 PS2 with an original Messiah chip installed. The PS2 hasnt given me problems in over 4 years. Imports, backups, everything works. Now the game Ive been waiting so long for wont work?? It gave me a taste and now refuses to boot?? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Anyone else with a Messiah that is having this problem?? I will continue to try but it doesnt look good. Everything else works fine.
 
Hi,
same problem here..u sooo lucky to play it one time.....very lucky...u can't play it anymore m8 believe me for that simply fact:messiah doesn't support dvd 9...here same ps2 with messiah3...i have dechipped it and installed matrix infinity..now i play 10 hours a day ehheh...the only way for play it is install a chip like matrix infinity...see ya
 
erab610
works fine on my v9 NTSC console chipped with Messiah 2...

How do you now if Messiah 2 is installed, by the boot method?
I boot PS2games with 1x reset and PS1 movies with 2x reset, do i have a Messiah 2?? :nervous:
 
zonekill
How do you now if Messiah 2 is installed, by the boot method?
I boot PS2games with 1x reset and PS1 movies with 2x reset, do i have a Messiah 2?? :nervous:

frankly, I'm not sure... I assume that I have a messiah 2 since that's what I paid for, but I guess I don't know "for sure". I've never had problems booting anything, so I had no reason to do any investigating.

to boot PS2 games (cd or dvd), I just open the tray and it'll boot from startup or the browser automatically. To boot ps1 games or original dvd movies, I have to hold down the reset button for a couple seconds until it opens. to put the chip to sleep, I hold down the power button until it powers off.

if this sounds like what you have to do, then you probably have a messiah 2.
 
Im confused now.
There are 3 diff. Messaih chips when im correct
1. Messiah
2. Messiah 2
3. Messiah 2 Pro

If you read my first post: the boot for PS2 games is the same as yours, but for PS1 movies its different!??

Anybody nows it exactly??
 
the double tap reset ting sounds more like a magic chip, which doesn't work with GT4. i myself use a messiah 2 and its fine.
 
hmm...just try fiddiling with it. like resetting the system, opening the tray and closing it again to resest the read, stuff like that.

cant do much more
 
Well, I took my PS2 apart, cleaned the lens and calibrated the laser. Now GT4 does boot but takes several tries before it works. So I think its just my laser thats wearing out.
 
I'm running a magic pro chip in a 55006 GT (GT4 white console) and it works so far. Been playing for about 6 hours.

Think I should turn off the chip every time?
 
evilgnome
Got the game this morning after painful delays with my shipping. Was very happy to finally have it in my hands. Threw it in my PS2, watched the intro and played for 6 hours straight. Brilliant.

Go out and come back tonight. Tried to play it. Nothing. Tried booting it up for 30mins. Nothing. All I see is the browser screen. WTF!!

I have a PAL v5 PS2 with an original Messiah chip installed. The PS2 hasnt given me problems in over 4 years. Imports, backups, everything works. Now the game Ive been waiting so long for wont work?? It gave me a taste and now refuses to boot?? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Anyone else with a Messiah that is having this problem?? I will continue to try but it doesnt look good. Everything else works fine.

I also have an original Messiah chip installed on my ps2 (its a version 4 from North America) I also had the same problem as you with loading the game, but I was able to fix it. What I found was that the laser seemed to be having trouble reading the disc because it is dual layered. So what I did was I bought a cd lense cleaner cd from a local electronics shop and used that to clean the laser. Then I found that the only for me to load this game was for the ps2 to be in the vertical position. I believe this gave the laser a better angle for reading the disc. By doing so, I have been able to load it up everytime. If i put in the horizontal position it doesn't load.

So don't let people tell you its the modchip because the original messiah works. Hope this helps.
 
Maybe your wires connected to the chip came lose, its happened to me once and i had to get it re done.
 
Or maybe it's karma: what goes around comes around - you were too impatient to get your hands on GT4 and wait for the release date ... and now it's comnig back to haunt you.

But I digress, I have no real point.
 
this doesn't look good at all, i also had probs with GT3...........and i'll probably have it again with GT4..............IS IT STILL WORTH BUYING IT ANYWAY?...................i don't want to just throw my 60 bucks away :grumpy:
 
I have a 30002R Pal PS2 with a Messiah chip and I got no problem playing my Chinese GT4 NTSC .... now already 20% completed.
 
With ps2 V9+ and messiah chip the game start cause v9 ps2 support dvd9....with older ps2 and messiah the game not start or have troubles (and i mean , the game can start but not like other games, it can block during loading or crash); and if u guys lock at chip infos u can see that for example in matrix infinity chip specifications is writed:"full support of dvd9"..in conclusion if u have a old ps2 ( like v3,v4,v5 or so) and a damned not updatable bios chip (like messiah) u have seriuos troubles playing GT4, but if u have the same ps2 with a different chip, like matrix, u can't see ever a crash, a load failure or something like that..believe me guys..i work on a place where a dude chip consoles and in the last 10 days he have changed about 100 old messiah chips and replaced with matrix cause dudes cannot play gt4 imported game at all or without troubles!
 
im also having the exact same problem as evilgnome is experiencing. when i boot the game it goes to the browser screen. what i did find out that made it boot 1st time was put the disc in then turn off the ps2 the turn it back on and hold the button until the first screen comes up and then let go and then for me it went to the broswer screen for half a second and then booted.
 
Back