Gotham (coming to FOX from WB TV)TV 

United States
Azle, TX
supermanfromazle
SanjiHimura
Per Deadline.com, FOX has bought the rights to air Gotham from WB TV. Gotham will explore the origins of GCPD Detective Jim Gordon and the villains that made Gotham City famous. In the show, Gordon will be a Detective who has not yet met Batman(who will not be a part of the series, unfortunately).

Since news broke of the series back in September to little fanfare, I thought I would generate a bit more buzz for the show since it is about Batman(howbeit indirectly). I do hope that they don't go the Nolan route and stick to realistic villains.

Source:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmannews_TV_Gotham-TV-series-announced_9-25-13.html

So basically it's Law & Order: Comic Book Edition?

I'll pass as crime dramas are one step above reality tv in my eyes.

Can't see the trailer...I really want it to be good, though. Getting real sick of Nolan sucking all the character out of the franchise, (Heath Ledger's Joker was overrated, I'm sorry.)

Can't see the trailer...I really want it to be good, though.

You know those cheap-looking series' that people forget about after watching the first episode? It looks like another one of those. Stock city flyover shots and all.

(Heath Ledger's Joker was overrated, I'm sorry.)

Agreed. Though I never cared much for TDK as much as the other two movies anyway. And neither of the sequels could match Begins.

Can't see the trailer...I really want it to be good, though. Getting real sick of Nolan sucking all the character out of the franchise, (Heath Ledger's Joker was overrated, I'm sorry.)

That doesn't make it a bad representation of the Joker especially to those who are massive Batman comic fans. People hating it because it gets blown of proportion due to fair weather fans that have never picked up the comic doesn't change the performance.

Then again how can you beat Mark Hamill

Troy Baker did well, IMO. But yeah, getting the voice, look and acting of the Joker right has been so difficult.

I quite liked Nicholson's take, though.

Troy Baker did well, IMO. But yeah, getting the voice, look and acting of the Joker right has been so difficult.

I quite liked Nicholson's take, though.

Well many liked his take and too many from the era growing up or being of age to watch the Burton movies put him and Devito on this tower, the same way the current gen does Ledger. Both are epic and are different approaches of a mad clown.

However, I think the real tough role to play is Jim Gordon after Gary Oldman who is an epic actor.

If you want to get right down to it there is no "right" interpretation of Joker in the movies or the various TV shows he's appeared - Nicholson's was the prankster combined with that of the psychopath, while Nolan chiefly took on the outright darker version of the character that's dominantly represented in the comics. I won't even get into Cesar Romero, Mark Hamil, or anyone else as they too cover completely different personas of the character.

So to say one is overrated or one version is the better than the other would be missing the point entirely: they're all correct, and obviously I'm not accounting for personal opinion because that can't be disputed.

This could work, but it needs to strike the right balance between police procedural and superhero. It needs to have something that makes it stand out, because it faces strong competition on both fronts: there are dozens of police procedurals out there, but "Castle" stands out as a leader of the genre and the "NCIS" franchise is expanding again; and naturally, "Agents of SHIELD" on the superhero front.

It does seem like the obvious opportunity to develop the "Year One" storyline, as well as parts of "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory". And possibly elements of "A Serious House On Serious Earth", even though it requires Batman's presence. But it needs to have some supervillains running amok. The GCPD series (I forget its name) would be an obvious source of material.

Three years later and Bruce is finally stepping into the costume... wait no, that's a gimp mask.

BruceWayne-600x371.jpg

Back