Gotta know......

Messages
1,394
United States
Lost in thought.
Messages
GTP_crimson
This is probably an extremely stoopit question, but what is the difference between the US version of GT3 and all the others? ( like The Japanese & European versions) It's just a question, 'cuz if anybody would tell me about them, maybe we could swap game saves or somethin'.:confused: :) :)
 
Crimson...Have you evern been wondering, "Hey, howcome no companies like LAMBO have cars in this game".....They do...WE just don't get em
 
It's primarily the way the video images are processed. US and Japan use the NTSC system (525 horizontal lines, refreshed 60 times per second) and the rest of the universe (except bits of France stuck in the 1970s) uses PAL (625 horizontal lines, refreshed 50 times per second).

NTSC gamesaves don't work on PAL systems and vice versa - although you CAN edit them on the PC with a Hex editor so they do work.

My own main game is converted from the US NTSC version, just so I can use mph instead of km/h :D
 
Yeh, and PAL only gets two F1s...:(
 
awesome...so I take it that I could never trade you guys 'cuz the format is different? That really sucks! I got 4 or 5 f-1's that you guys would absolutely dig.:banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad:
 
yeah and ppl with ntsc suxorz as drivers too :p
 
I wish the game was faster (more F1 racing and such). Sometimes I don't have the patience to cruise around a corner at 60 mph. I'm at 92% right now and throwing my controller at the T.V. everytime I fail the Complex String Time Trial.
 
Originally posted by Derf
I wish the game was faster (more F1 racing and such). Sometimes I don't have the patience to cruise around a corner at 60 mph. I'm at 92% right now and throwing my controller at the T.V. everytime I fail the Complex String Time Trial.

have you turned off the ASM and TSC? that helps you cut some time ;)
 
Yeh, switching off ASM can help at least one or two seconds off your time...:D
 
Turning off the ASM helps with your sanity as well. First time I drove with it I thought I was going to murder someone...
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Yeh, and PAL only gets two F1s...:(

Hi Dodge....i think you mean that the Aussie PAL has only two F1s coz i have the British PAL and its got the full compliement of F1s...6 or so...but still no Lamborghini...:irked:
 
YOU WHAT?!

All PAL only gets 2 F1s - the Polyphony 001 and Polyphony 002. NTSC regions get the F094/S, F094/H, F090/S, F688/S, F687/M and F686/M.

You've GOT to be running a chipped PS2 and NTSC copy...
 
You've GOT to be running a chipped PS2 and NTSC copy...

Well if he isn't I think you and me both need to know what he IS doing!!!!

:confused:
 
nope, its not chipped...its the PAL version.....the platinum (after someone kept my orignal)...you mean you guys only have 2 F1s?....how sad..:(

seriously though...i cant be the only British gamer with all F1s....

in which races did you win your two f1s?
 
This CANNOT be true, shurely you can't be sherious?
 
That can't be true...
 
Originally posted by Jez
This CANNOT be true, shurely you can't be sherious?

do i detect a hint of the old Sean Conneries??...

had you going...i have only 2 F1s.....:( :( :(

i live in a dream land where i have hundreds of cars...including 6 F1s...3 Lambos (countach) and the odd ferrari....
 
TURBO! you bad kid. You had me going!:rolleyes: I was just gonna say... n-e-ways...I'm getting a gameshark 2(i know, i know) and get a lambo,sides... I already gots 6 F-1's.:D
 
Originally posted by TurboSmoke
do i detect a hint of the old Sean Conneries??...

had you going...i have only 2 F1s.....:( :( :(

i live in a dream land where i have hundreds of cars...including 6 F1s...3 Lambos (countach) and the odd ferrari....

I'm not usually this gullible!!
 
:lol: Yay, I didn't get fooled!
 
Back