Gr.3 Daily-Was this a clean pass?

• Thread starter dylpro
  • 39 comments
Yup I also agree it was a fine move. A bit aggressive, but you took the inner line and he/she should have taken care about that through defensing it. So if I were him/her I would damn myself for not being aware of your move. Nice pass.

Nah you were right and deserved the win! The beetle braked too early and should also expect a move from you especially on the last lap. Also being the last lap he could have moved over to block any chance for you to do such a move. Haha use your mirrors Mr. beetle driver lol....

My only gripe was you didn't maintain a line, you dove inside, then slid to the outside line.
If I was the person you were attempting to pass there, I'd have given you enough room - but I would've expected you to give me enough room to keep my outside line, at the pace you went into that corner you likely would've slid me right off track.

With the Beetle turning down on/contacting OP, and causing OP to correct/steer, I don't know how any of us can predict what OP would have done on exit. I'll give OP benefit of the doubt... and, seeing how they were near the apex when Beetle decided to ram/slam, I'm going to say OP was set to hold the inside... speed/car attitude seemed it... was not pushing/sliding... was a smooth motion, not a jerk/snap.
See, the thing is, the Beetle ruined the opportunity for me to tell OP he did anything wrong, because once Beetle hit OP, who knows how OP's car was effected, and what he had to do to keep control.

I think there has been so many "dive bombing" threads it's starting to feel like everyone thinks any move down the inside is "dirty"... that's simply not the case. You leave the door open, you'd better expect a car to be there... back to mirrors...
I commend OP not just for the move to the opening, but for not ramming an early braking Beetle, which is also so prevalent online.

this kind of thread again :D I go with @cleanLX , Beatle was braking way too early and there was no point in you being slowed down because of him, you were side by side right when he started to turn in and obviously didnt see you. We wouldnt have these problems if people care to use the rear mirror.
Yes another one:lol: There wasn't any negativity to it though, no "🤬🤬🤬" messages from anyone. Maybe he was just more reserved than others can be and was still cursing me. I always drive in chase and have been since GT2, but I'm constantly using rear view scoping behind me. I have a constant resounding fear of being rammed off course, accident or not:nervous:

Nah you were right and deserved the win! The beetle braked too early and should also expect a move from you especially on the last lap. Also being the last lap he could have moved over to block any chance for you to do such a move. Haha use your mirrors Mr. beetle driver lol....
Wasn't the last lap, 4/10 I believe. Still very early in the race so perhaps I was being a little overaggressive for other opportunities I would've likely had. Looking back on it I probably could've waited until the straight after Hell's Corner because I was much faster on the straights than the Beetles.

So neither of you got a SR penalty?
I didn't can't say whether or not he did. I don't think penalties/SR changes appear in replays? Might be wrong about that though.

Thanks for all the input guys! Like I said there wasn't any animosity with this pass, no one mouthing off to one another or anything like that and it was an otherwise clean race. Just wanted some opinions for my own sake. :cheers:

For me that's a very nice overtake....you were on the inside with a controlable speed to do the cornering.
The problem (for me) is in the cockpit view. you don't have true perception of your sides. (The radar is c**p). There should be a "crew chief" or something to tell "us" if there is someone on the left/right...etc.

Latest Posts

Back