Gr.4 86 is crap (Go on, have a go at me)

Australia
Australia
I hope it’s just not me who’s complaining about how bad the Gr.4 86 is now (Under BoP). On opening lap, you already have to defend on first turn from a TT or RCF, there’s no way you can pick up a slipstream now since they’ve weakened the drafting under the "Real" setting, and you'll easily lose your favourite position in a drag race to the finish, especially on Monza or Tokyo East. It suffers on the straights real badly. Worst of all, I'm stuck with Toyota at the moment for Manufacturers, but hey, the official season is coming to an end so hopefully we can change contract (and not stuck with same manufacturer) for upcoming exhibition series whenever that starts.

The one only good thing about the 86 is it can dominate on tracks with lots of turns, like Alsace or Autopolis. The same can be said with the Trophy and 4C, those cars suffer the same problem but less worse I think. I hope Toyota are on the bottom in the Global Manufacturer ranking next season, cos there cars are just...
...🤬 rn.

PS, did PD nerf or buff the 4C Gr.3? That car was never fast on the straights, it's a lot worse now. Cos of that, Alfa Romeo will probably be on the bottom next season for Manufacturers, that's my prediction. Btw, they're already on the bottom in Oceania.

Well, the Alfa 4C was the meta car for a while and I’m pretty sure it was nerfed quite substantially recently.

Anyways, surely the GT86 isn’t that bad. I’ve seen it being used more often than the McLarens at least.

I hope it’s just not me who’s complaining about how bad the Gr.4 86 is now (Under BoP). On opening lap, you already have to defend on first turn from a TT or RCF, there’s no way you can pick up a slipstream now since they’ve weakened the drafting under the "Real" setting, and you'll easily lose your favourite position in a drag race to the finish, especially on Monza or Tokyo East. It suffers on the straights real badly. Worst of all, I'm stuck with Toyota at the moment for Manufacturers, but hey, the official season is coming to an end so hopefully we can change contract (and not stuck with same manufacturer) for upcoming exhibition series whenever that starts.

The one only good thing about the 86 is it can dominate on tracks with lots of turns, like Alsace or Autopolis. The same can be said with the Trophy and 4C, those cars suffer the same problem but less worse I think. I hope Toyota are on the bottom in the Global Manufacturer ranking next season, cos there cars are just...
...🤬 rn.

PS, did PD nerf or buff the 4C Gr.3? That car was never fast on the straights, it's a lot worse now. Cos of that, Alfa Romeo will probably be on the bottom next season for Manufacturers, that's my prediction. Btw, they're already on the bottom in Oceania.
don't worry about a thing, just forget the manufacturers cup and use it to drift instead it's really fun!

I'm driving with Subaru, and look, there's always someone worse than you. Last time I tried to race in Manufacturer I was 5 seconds slower than the top guys and 1 second slower than people with similiar DR. And I'm an A S driver. The WRX was fine for Le Mans but apparently it's **** for Dragon Trail.
The Toyota is already OP in Gr3, if PD buffs the 86 without nerfing the Supra Toyota is gonna win every race

Yeah, not sure I agree with this one. Toyota isn't the best Gr.4 cars but there are much worse. I did a quick check on the Gr.4 results in the EMEA manufacturers this season and the worse 3 are Peugeot, Dodge and Mitsubishi. Toyota comes 6th.

Other manufacturers need love before Toyota.

It's not crap, I've got a few wins in it. The car is the most fuel efficient in Group 4, and it handles really well. It only lacks top end speed.

Quick update, I’m not talking about how good it handles or how good it is on fuel and tyres. I’m talking about the straight line speed and slipstream disadvantage.

Quick update, I’m not talking about how good it handles or how good it is on fuel and tyres. I’m talking about the straight line speed and slipstream disadvantage.

Sure, if you ignore all it's strengths its crap :)

I hope Toyota are on the bottom in the Global Manufacturer ranking next season, cos there cars are just...
...🤬 rn.

Toyota are 3rd in the Global ranking at the moment. I think if they made the Gr.4 86 straight line speed faster it would be seriously overpowered.

Maybe it's not suited to your driving style? Maybe a more power orientated manufacturer like Ford, Mercedes, Aston Martin etc. would be better for you? Just know that on the handling tracks you'll struggle to keep up with the 86's! We're almost at the end of the season so you should have a play around with the other manufacturers to find something you like better.

If you just go for straight line speed then the GT-86 is faster than the Renault Meganne Trophy, Alfa, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, Mclaren & Volkswagen. It is towards the bottom of the speed trap, but it is just about ok.

Maybe want to try the Lexus, Lamborghini, Jaguar or maybe the Aston. They all have plenty of poke in a straight line.

The 86 is not a power car. It is great for technical tracks and has better tyre wear compared to others.

It is easy comparing the straight line speed with other gr.4 but Toyota has good racing cars even under BoP

Special stage route X isnt the only track in game you know that right?

In real life, they say that the 86 doesn't perform well in a straight line at high speeds either.

The real GT4 car wasn't flash in the British GT championship either.
IMG_7065.JPG

You can't expect cars with adjustable aerodynamics to be able to reach a higher top speed than you could imagine. I mean if their aerodynamic settings are set to max, that is.

...🤬 rn.

Ok I'll have a go. To me, and many others, it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Of all the "handling" cars in Gr.4, the 86 might be the fastest in a straight line. Why would you expect a car that has OP handling and tire wear to beat a power car on the straight or even keep up with it?

Weakened the drafting under the real setting??? Are you serious? In one of the most recent updates the slipstream effect was increased by changing the draft range from around .8s to something like 1.2s. So, the draft is actually stronger than it's ever been. Furthermore, the slipstream doesn't really pick up much until you hit about 130mph (not sure what that is in km/h), so you're likely just expecting to gain slipstream when you're not at a high enough speed to do so.

You say the only good thing about the 86 is that it can dominate on twisty tracks. Well, it's a good thing there are plenty of tracks with lots of turns right? It's actually an OP car in a few places, especially when tire wear is a factor.

Man, it's almost like you haven't actually driven the car or something.

...🤬 rn.

I mean in my league the 86 gr.4 is so dominate half of the grid is running it and it'll be banned next year. Tyre and fuel wear for it is exceptional. It has one major weakness - standing starts

Back