Gr2 vs Gr3 cars on curbs

• Thread starter Ddkklop
  • 6 comments
India
India
To me, Gr2s always seemed easier to drive than Gr3s, because they are easier push in corners. Only thing I considered more difficult, was that you have to think faster while driving them, because of their higher speed. But I haven't put too much attention on curbs, until now.

I noticed that these cars seem to be less sensitive on curbs than gr3 cars, despite having stiffer suspension, lower suspension, lighter body and more power. How is it possible? And is it more realistic this way ?

To me, Gr2s always seemed easier to drive than Gr3s, because they are easier push in corners. Only thing I considered more difficult, was that you have to think faster while driving them, because of their higher speed. But I haven't put too much attention on curbs, until now.

I noticed that these cars seem to be less sensitive on curbs than gr3 cars, despite having stiffer suspension, lower suspension, lighter body and more power. How is it possible? And is it more realistic this way ?
Not realism gran turismoism

Not realism gran turismoism

Realism probably ins´t 100% on point but if theres any doubt that gr. 2 cars are more "easy" to drive thinking the opossite it´s a nonsense, cars are better equiped you can corner faster and brake faster no matter if your a professional driver or not, it´s the same with road cars, i can drive relaxed a lot more at high speeds in my scirroco compared to my old mercedes c220 without feeling the sensation that im gonna lose control of the car.

So yes reaction times need to be more fast cause the car it´s very responsive and react more to the road but it´s a matter of adaptation and since after a while you trusth in car capabilities you´ll push more even if you don´t notice.

Last edited:
Umm... Maybe I am misinterpreting the OPs post and queries, but as far as I can tell the main thing that they have described is the direct result of downforce. The Gr.2 cars have much more aggressive aero and, as such, more downforce.

If you hit a kerb on track in a light car, it'll bounce, but if that car has a shed-load of downforce then it behaves like a car of much greater weight, so won't bounce as much.

So actually, I'd say it is a result of greater realism.

Umm... Maybe I am misinterpreting the OPs post and queries, but as far as I can tell the main thing that they have described is the direct result of downforce. The Gr.2 cars have much more aggressive aero and, as such, more downforce.

If you hit a kerb on track in a light car, it'll bounce, but if that car has a shed-load of downforce then it behaves like a car of much greater weight, so won't bounce as much.

Nice, thanks for info

It’s all in the suspension. Stiffness, ride height, sway bars and dampers all play a part in it. Some Gr3 cars are great over curbs though, like the Jag or Mercedes.

Last edited:

Yeah. Downforce is huge on them. They are almost slot cars with how you can push them around the track.

Back