GR4 Manufacturer Race 11/5

SmokeySama
SmokeySama
This is more so a question directed towards the limitations towards the cars allowed within the race.

So I’ve been practicing on Suzuka (DS4 player here) and signed a contract with Porsche using the Cayman GT4 in the race. Fastest time I’ve been able to trap so far has been a 2:13.5 and that placed me 6th within the Top 10. Me and couple buddies did an online race and we noticed, the Scirocco is considerably faster in a straight line. So with that we all compared limitations between the Scirocco, Cayman, and a TTS. The Scirocco and TT both were limited to 255hp and somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,089lbs, while the Cayman was limited to 345hp and 3,095lbs. I cannot fathom why all the cars within the class wouldn’t be set to the same power/weight limitations and leave it up to the standard gearing, suspension set ups, and overall skill of the driver to compete. I also looked at the F-Type GR4 just to see what it was limited to, AND IT WAS SET AT 379HP (THE SAME AS THE CAYMAN STOCK) AND 3,095LBS. Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this???

Back