Gran Turismo 1 Endurnace Races!

What is the most exciting GT1 endurance race you have entered. Mine was when I entered in a TVR Cebera LM. I was leading by such a big margin that when I pitted, I came out in front still. However, near to the end, my tires were starting to wear bad. During the last 6 laps, my lead got cut so much that on the last lap, the Subaru Impreza overtook me. I was so wound up at the time, but I did it again. The problem was my driving screwed up the tyres, so the next time through my driving was alot kinder on the tyres. I won by about 15 seconds if I rember rightly!

Edit: This race was on SSR11!

Wow. that's a close shave, considering how long endurance races are.

Mine was either when I drove a Nissan Skyline at SSR11 All Night 2 or when I drove an NSX-R GT1 LM at SSR11 All Night 1. The first one I entered was the latter, and it was my first endurance race there, so it was very exhilarating. I won by 30 seconds. The second event, my car was rather cumbersome, and I constantly dueled with a R32 (I had a R33). 10 laps from the end, the A.I. car hit a Lancer and skidded into a barrier, giving me an easy lead. I later won by 11 seconds.

Yes, it certainly is hard to drive conservatively on the tires in GT1, or in my opinion it is.

I really don't remember specifics, but my favorite enduro was the Grand Valley one. First time I did that, I was blown away! Over an hour of driving! (as opposed to just a few minutes for each of the sprint races). I was in heaven. I remember the NSX giving me shivers, and I think I lost my first GV300, but I didn't care. That just meant I got to do it over! :D

I was a Viper freak, so I used the blue Viper GTS over and over at the GV300 for several weeks. It never got old. I really dug the tire wear thing, too...watching the tires warm up and meet their peak performance, then start to wear off was real cool.

I always wondered why so many folks thought enduros were boring! :confused: I thought they were the coolest thing ever....although I have to admit some of the longer races in GT3 sucked & some in GT4 might be a drag, but so far the ones I've done (Grand Valley 300km & R246 especially) were both great. Both got me worn out with exhaustion by the end (lap after lap of near-perfect driving is not easy).

Last edited:
The Grand Valley race for me, A variety of nice cars and cash won there.
Yeah, I won that one as well. I used an [R]Dodge Concept, so it was actualy pretty easy to win, as that is a very fast car. I did spin a few times though. I spun most when I was near to the end and desparate to finish. It is such a long race. I mean, 60 laps around a circuit that takes about 1 minute 40 seconds to get around. Thats bloody pathetic!

You can also code the Endurance races for the amount of laps you would like, 1 Lap, 5 Lap, 10 Lap? All easy to do with a GS or AR for the PS1.

It is such a long race. I mean, 60 laps around a circuit that takes about 1 minute 40 seconds to get around. Thats bloody pathetic!
It's almost exactly the distance of a real-life Formula One race, and is actually short compared to any real-life endurance races.

I mean, 60 laps around a circuit that takes about 1 minute 40 seconds to get around. Thats bloody pathetic!

See I think it's beautiful. Not too long of a race. GV300 has been a solidly awesome endurance race in GT2, 3, and 4 too. Some enduros get boring, but I've always dug GV300.

Last edited:
There was a time when I didn't much care to race on GVS (or SSR11 for that matter). Then I did the enduros on those tracks, and learned to drive them fairly well. Although I've always been lukewarm to GVS, SSR11 became one of my favorite tracks.

There was a time when I didn't much care to race on GVS (or SSR11 for that matter). Then I did the enduros on those tracks, and learned to drive them fairly well. Although I've always been lukewarm to GVS, SSR11 became one of my favorite tracks.

I've never been as crazy about the Route 11 enduro (it sucked in GT3...5 ai cars doing their own time trial basically) but I'm sure if I went back to GT1 maybe I'll enjoy it more just since the track is so crazy. :crazy:

But I've always liked the pace & length of the GV300 km. 60 laps seems just enough but not too much. 90 laps would get too boring, 30 laps....you're just getting your groove on.

My experience has usually been: By the time I'm nearing about lap 45 to 50 in the GV 300, the battle heats up as some cars (including me) are needing to pit and you're typically in some sort of dilemma with pit-timing and needing to assure you'll win. This is assuming you're not driving a car with way too much power and just blowing everyone away, of course.

Last edited:
I once did a (sharked) High Speed Ring endurance race in a race-modded Impreza wagon. It was sort of fun. You need to use the two-player track in order to have the pits open.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-11-03.html

wasn't exactly exciting, though. :)

Perhaps my best feeling of accomplishment came winning the Grand Valley 300 with a max-tuned but not-race-modified Cerbera.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-10-29.html

Although, again, it wasn't exactly exciting, in terms of the winning margin.

I once did a (sharked) High Speed Ring endurance race in a race-modded Impreza wagon. It was sort of fun. You need to use the two-player track in order to have the pits open.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-11-03.html

wasn't exactly exciting, though. :)

Perhaps my best feeling of accomplishment came winning the Grand Valley 300 with a max-tuned but not-race-modified Cerbera.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-10-29.html

Although, again, it wasn't exactly exciting, in terms of the winning margin.
Cool, great achievement. I love your website by the way. I have saved it into my favourites!

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/gt1enduro.txt

has some interesting results.

A couple of wins with a race-modded Primera, and another with the EXIV 200GT.

I know I worked hard at them at the time, but without the notes, they would have just faded out of my memory.

At the GV300, you need to be well under 1 hour 42 minutes (about 1:41:45) for an "honest" win. (I.e. better than the AI ever manage). Although another approach is to try to pick the field if you want to win with an inferior car.

Oh yes. Myself I can't make cars appear which don't normally appear in the particular event, but I can preclude certain participants from showing up. (If I try to make unusual competitors show up, they end up with the specs (and wheels) of a Starlet Glanza). I've done lots of Hard-Tuned Series in lesser cars against fields consisting of only Honda Civics.

However, in my previous posting, by "picking" I actually meant "quit if you don't like the field you see".

Yes. It would be fun to see it on the track, flogging the Skylines, GTOs and Corvettes, or, as the GT1 history read, "...something that would beat up a Skyline and take its lunch money[!]"

Back