Gran Turismo 1 Out of Track Bug?

• Thread starter Pyle_PMG
  • 13 comments

Pyle_PMG

A Real Homer
Premium
Canada
Canada
I have gotten out of track on Gran Turismo, at Grand Valley full track, where the East track barrier begins, my car (Del Sol LM) got pushed in by one of the ai opponents, i was in the middle of the barrier and couldn't get back on the track. I turned the other way and was stuck on the little strip of the road outside of the track. I was wondering if this ever happened to someone else?

Last edited:
Could you actually drive around, up to the barriers near the tunnal, and turn around and come back. Was the scenery actually clear, or was it more like other out-of-track experiences?

I've never heard of this in [size=+1]GT1[/size]. Was this actually on a PlayStation?

I've gone out of the track on GT1 or 2, whichever one had the track Complex String. It's been many many years...I remember getting off the track and just going and going until I hit top speed and then exit lol.

Could you actually drive around, up to the barriers near the tunnal, and turn around and come back. Was the scenery actually clear, or was it more like other out-of-track experiences?

I've never heard of this in [size=+1]GT1[/size]. Was this actually on a PlayStation?

Yes, this was on a playstation, I could not get back on track, and the scenery was very blurred. I've been trying to recreate the situation. But ai cars don't push you through barriers all the time.

The GT2XS Site is a great website, by the way. It got me into gamesharking and more. BTW, anyone find the hidden Celica, (Shows the nameplate of the previous car in that slot of garage.)

Last edited:
I am assuming of the Celica, correct? I wish I had a camera at the time the out of track bug occured. :banghead::banghead:

This site is cool. :cool::bowdown::gtpflag:

I will get to it. I am using the computer at home, my playstation is at home, obviously.

Last edited:
The GT2XS Site is a great website, by the way. It got me into gamesharking and more. BTW, anyone find the hidden Celica, (Shows the nameplate of the previous car in that slot of garage.)

Are you talking about the car you get if you use a gameshark with the garage code and B1 as the modifier?

Yes it is. Why does no site mention it? I mean isn't it kind of a bug. I like the Celica.

Used computer at library today, Celica uses code 00B1 with garage code, screenshots coming soon. And right now I'm using a cellphone to right this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used computer at library today, Celica uses code 00B1 with garage code, screenshots coming soon. And right now I'm using a cellphone to right this.

The probable reason know one says any about it on the garage codes is because it is a bugged code. The name plate on the car doesn't show the last car in your garage but the last car that you view even if it is one at a dealer that you look at but don't buy. I found that code already while converting garage code from GT1 to GT1.1.

I've gone out of the track on GT1 or 2, whichever one had the track Complex String. It's been many many years...I remember getting off the track and just going and going until I hit top speed and then exit lol.

Umm... actually, Complex String was on GT3...

It was actually fairly easy to get out of track in GT2. A couple of tracks had somewhat screwed up paths (the first that comes to mind is Motorsports Land), so just driving normally could sometimes send the game into a fit.

I broke out of track on SSR11 II (Reverse). At the hairpin after the first chicane, I decided to just wallride around it because I was a little bored, and the car just went straight on before starting to turn. Managed to get back on track a little further on, just before the first tunnel.

I broke out of Laguna Seca on GT2. Not difficult, just need AWD and Horsepower, supose could work similarly on GT1.

Once on the SSRII enduro race i was in a GTO Twinturbo MR fully tuned and on the sweaping left hander after the pit stright i wall rode and i hit a bridge that stopped me from going off.

Back