gran turismo 100 million edition signed (real/fake)

• Thread starter kegs11
  • 24 comments
japkegs
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=433881&id=100000272315892
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=433880&id=100000272315892

had this in my possession for over 4 years now, and wanted to know peoples thoughts on it, and if they have any old signatures of kazunoris to compare it with.

his normal "digital" signature, which can be seen on the cover of gt4 prologue is underlined, but some of his freehand signatures as seen on the net are quite different (check the gt planet news for a signed gamestop slipcase, it looks like its barely his full name hes signed)

please try and be more constructive than FAKE with the coments, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem from your first thread that you intend to sell this. You cannot sell items here outside of the trading post.

EDIT: Approved for checking to see if the saignature is genuine. Item is not for sale.

Last edited:
sorry i was a bit vague, the 100 million edition is real and the one i have is genuine, no doubt about that, what i want to know is if the signature on the back is real or not. which is why im asking if anyone has any autographs they have that look similar to mine, or if anyone has ever heard of or been at an event where this was signed maybe

How do you have a "100 million edition" of a game series which has only sold 56 million?

Interesting. Must be from very early in GT's life - it sold 10.9m on its own.

Of course, it'd help if the photos were visible to people who don't have a Facebook...

drivatar is right it is for all playstation discs pressed, if anyone knows when this milestone was hit id be grateful to know. if people want to see the pics id be happy to send them to your psn id, im just new to this and wasnt sure how best to display them

I don't have a facebook, but someone left themselves logged in....

The signature does look fake.

There's a possibility that the signature comes from the same hand, but I'm... wary

The K is similar, only with a loop missing from the two signatures I have.
The loop on the z is similar.
The Y is similar, if a little wider.
The dotted "i"s are similar.
The "n" is massively different.
The "h" is massively different.

Hello, my opinion is same as Famine.
51365474_org.v1285851095.jpg

wow, thanks for that edward_v12 . theres also a picture on gamespot of him signing a white ps3, that also looks quite different. my biggest obvious concern is mine isnt underlined, and the only one like that is the motor toon prix one. i dont suppose the almighty edward_v12 knows when the 100m edition was pressed? ( i know you have one in your vast collection) thanks again people

Last edited:
so today i got a response from the person i bought it off 4 years ago...
Hi there, apologies for the delay. I don't really have any proof of the signature, it was signed at HMV Oxford St on the day of Gran Turismo 3's launch. Yamauchi was at the launch as well as members of Feeder etc. Dunno if there's any info about the launch on the net, may be worth looking. The signature is 100% genuine though. I got my copy of GT3 signed too. Hope this helps.

after a quick search it seems KY did indeed attend an opening at HMV oxford

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/1448651.stm

as said in the bbc snippet this happened on the 20 july 2001, which gives me a time and place as to how this was signed, what id know like to ask is if anyone either attended the event or knows someone who did and may have some pictures about or any further info. ive checked the gt3 forum with no luck but will also try and post an appeal in there soon. thanks to everyone whos replied so far and if youve actually read this post!

Sorry kegs, you've been tricked. It's not a real one, it's not even close to the same handwriting. Hope you didn't pay a lot for it.

edit: Might add some details. It looks too round, so it's probably written slowly, which is very unlikely at an event like that. Even though it's written slowly the letters isnt well done, its much worse detail than the real deal. My guess is that it's someone who looked at Kaz's signature and tried to do the same one.

Last edited:
haha, cheers. compared to the £200-£300 i have seen these 100million editions go for, no i paid peanuts. ive sorta decided if its a complete fake ill stick the back to a display board so the sig cant be seen. it was the lure of owning what might possibly be the rarest gt edition, the signature was just a bonus to me.

These pictures are from a GTP members visit to PD and KY signed a PS3 for him there and then...

73126463xy3.jpg

96478385mt9.jpg

I have to say that signature looks quite different to all the other ones posted here but we know its genuine so maybe his signature can vary quite a fair bit. Is that 100 million edition's card quite soft because the signature is so thick and slowly written.

Also I have to say I have never seen him sign his name on two separate lines and there looks like ample space to sign the name all on one line so I'm skeptical. Also people would usually take a picture with him at the signing.

kegs11
compared to the £200-£300 i have seen these 100million editions go for

Surely those other listings you saw showed a picture, did the signatures look like the one you have?

Robin.

thats the white ps3 i mentioned that ive seen on gamespot, didnt know it belonged to a gtp member. this is one of the reasons i think its possible his real world signature differs quite a lot, after all the digital ones stamped on game cases will be a jpeg or whatnot, and what i reckon most people will be comparing mine to.
the card on the 100m edition is pretty soft, and ive also wondered why hes split the signature. the actual card is also foil, or aluminium or something (its shiny and slippery basically)
The 100m isnt hand signed by default, you have to either take it to kaz and ask nicely, or buy one ready signed and hope 4 years down the line its possible to prove its real without pictures of kaz signing it...

oh well once bitten twice shy

Hi i´m digging out this thread because I got an offer to buy a Gran Turismo 1 Limited Edition 100. million Disc. :eek:
Anyone got more Information about this? How rare is it and how much is this worth in your opinion?
From the pictures and what I know about the seller it looks legit, it´s just that I haven´d found much information where this was released etc. .

This is not a signed copy but this is what the limited edition gran turismo that marks the production of 100 million PlayStation discs looks like. Seemingly made in 1998.
IMG_20201219_113634.jpg
IMG_20201219_113644.jpg
IMG_20201219_113618.jpg

Last edited:
Back